Carleen

Header from samulli
Click here to see other entries or to play along.


Since the object of this meme is to help us get to know one another better, I thought it might be fun to make a list of the first 13 songs that pop up on my iPod when it is set to shuffle so that you can see the kinds of music I listen to regularly. Just to spice things up a bit, I've included links to some of the singers that I think many people might not know and a couple of videos for two versions of one my very favorite songs.

Do you have eclectic taste in music, too?

1. "After the Lights Go Down Low" by Al Hibbler

2. "Turn! Turn! Turn!" by the Byrds

3. "Night Life" by Ray Price

4. "See See Rider" by Elvis Presley

5. "Blue Yodel No. 4" (also called "California Blues") by Jimmie Rodgers



Same song, different singer. I was introduced to Jimmie Rodgers by way of Merle Haggard's first album, which was a tribute to The Singing Brakeman.



6. "You Sexy Thing" by Hot Chocolate

7. "I Just Called to Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder

8. "California Girls" by the Beach Boys

9. "At Last" by Etta James

10. "Don't Worry" by Marty Robbins

11. "Love Shack" by the B-52s

12. "Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks

13. "Time to Say Goodbye" by Andrea Bocceli and Sarah Brightman


Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
23 Responses
  1. Mia Celeste Says:

    Lots of good tunes here. I enjoy my MP3 player a lot too. Happy TT!


  2. Nessa Says:

    That is a very eclectic list of songs. Very varied.


  3. You have got some great classics on your list! Keep on rockin' :)

    Happy TT and thanks for the visit :)


  4. Hazel Says:

    I just called to say I love you brings back high school memories :-)


  5. I am Harriet Says:

    There are some tunes I have not heard about in a long time.

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/06/13-best-places-to-live-in-usthursday-13.html


  6. Hootin Anni Says:

    Yes, yes....I love all kinds of music too. Thanks for popping by...

    I'm wondering tho, what "Mr. Linky" are you referring to...am I missing something? LOL


  7. yyam Says:

    That is quite a range of tunes...I like #6 & #7.


  8. Chris Says:

    i know some of the songs .. :D


  9. Love your ecclectic mix! B-52's and Elvis, Etta James and Dixie Chicks. You've got it goin' on.


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Those are some great songs! I especially love the last one!


  11. Janet Says:

    I do have eclectic tastes...but it runs more towards rock, r&b and old skool hip hop than country. I don't know why I don't care for country (or opera) as a whole, but there it is. I do like Buffet tho!


  12. Anonymous Says:

    I'm a lot more rock & roll than the other music, I do know most of these songs but haven't heard some of them in years! Very good mix of music though. You're not as closed off as I am in your music choices that's for sure!


  13. Momisodes Says:

    I have to say that I love quite a few songs from this list! I haven't heard the B-52's in ages!


  14. April Says:

    That's a great list of songs! I like all kinds of music - from rock to classical.


  15. Anonymous Says:

    I have 6, 7, 8 and 11 on mine. The Blue Yodel No 4 is something i could do without...LOL. Great list


  16. Good stuff to be mellow to, indeed. I rock harder, but man. Give me Etta James any day!


  17. Kristen Says:

    Sounds like I'd enjoy listening to your ipod a lot more than my 14 year old son's!!


  18. Great list. One of hubby's faves is Jimmy Rodgers, Kisses sweeter than Wine.


  19. RA Says:

    Very interesting list! Thank you for sharing the links. I love to find out more about you, Carleen. I only know "I Just Called To Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder. I think it is a great song. Have a wonderful weekend :)


  20. Forgetfulone Says:

    I have You Sexy Thing on my mp3 player! Maybe I shouldn't tell everyone? But you did, so it's okay!


  21. Tracey Says:

    What a great song # 13 is!


  22. Joy Wizziwa Says:

    Nice...I was so thinking about doing an iTunes related TT. Maybe next week.

    Thanks for stopping by...and sorry for the need for tissues. I really appreciate you taking the time to read on beyond my list...that means so much.


  23. Anonymous Says:

    Nice variety! ...Mind you, now I have "You sexy thing" stuck in my head.

    -Celticlibrarian
    http://fremontlibraries.wordpress.com


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?