Carleen
Our very strange weather continues. . .but we haven't had an earthquake, yet.




Ok, so click the play button on the YouTube video and then look at these photos I took today. These were taken shortly after 9 this morning as I was heading from our home to our business:


This is the sight that greeted me as soon as I stepped out of the front door.


More of the same at the end of the street. The single patch of blue gave me hope that we'd avoid another thunder and lightning incident.



But as I drove past the Magic Kingdom (aka Disneyland), the clouds seemed to get darker.

Our business is about 5-7 miles away from our home and I don't know why, but these two cities often have vastly different weather patterns. Two days ago, it rained cats and dogs for a while in the city where our warehouses are and not a single drop in the city where our home is located. I know because I stayed home that day, and my daughter, who works with us, called to tell me it was raining over there.

All day it has been cloudy and overcast. No complaints here, though, because it meant for some cool weather. Why would I complain about a temperature in the 71-73 range? As I made my way home, though, it looked like we were in for one heck of a storm tonight:


Although the clouds in the photo above were heading for my house a few hours ago, we still don't have any rain. So far, the only noise I hear outside is the sound of the Disneyland fireworks cannons as the nightly fireworks show over Sleeping Beauty's castle begins at 9:35 every single day in the summer months.




Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
3 Responses
  1. RA Says:

    Very impressive clouds! I really hope that there will be no earthquake. Thank you for sharing this video. Have a wonderful weekend, Carleen :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    That looks like the weather we've had for about a month now. Nearly every day there is threatening weather. Sometimes we get rain and sometimes not. Occasionally we get a t-storm. It does seem to be a lot more this year than in previous years. Must be the all-over weather pattern around the country. It's funny how it can rain cats and dogs in one place and not a drop just a few miles down the road. The other day hubster played golf with guys from work. It was pouring here at home but not a drop on them out at the golf course. Go figure!! But what's really wierd? When it's pouring rain in the yard next door and not a drop in my yard (or vice versa). Now that's strange.

    Hope you have a good weekend!!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I think Albert Hammond might have had this a little wrong...your wonderful photos seem to prove that theory. Have a wonderful Saturday :)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?