Carleen
idioms
Jientje from Heaven Is in Belgium, the creator of this meme, writes: "As long as people have been around, they have tried to communicate with each other. As a means of getting the message across as clearly as possible, idioms and sayings have found their way into our language. Now, because "a picture paints a thousand words", I thought it would be nice to make this a new photo challenge. The idea is to choose an idiom, or a saying, ( even slang is allowed) and illustrate it with a picture. Each week we'll cover two letters of the alphabet, okay? "To play along, click here.


persian cat
M is for Midnight Oil.
When you burn the midnight oil by staying up way too late at night, you need a nap, like Hamlet, in the afternoon!


persian cat
N is for Nervous Nellie.
Like Dolly, who often hides inside things because she's afraid of strangers, a Nervous Nellie is someone who is timid and anxious.




Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
14 Responses
  1. Gattina Says:

    they are so sweet that I forgot to read the idioms, lol ! (not true)


  2. MaR Says:

    LOL, cats attract all of Gattina's attention!
    Cute kitty and nice shots for the idioms!


  3. Carletta Says:

    Hi Carleen - nice to 'meet' you.
    I love kitty's too these images are so sweet. Great choices for today's idioms.


  4. Jientje Says:

    LOL!! Lovely!! Oh, I'm always having so much fun visiting everyone!! It's amazing how creative everybody is! I LOVE it! Yours are great, I have a nervous Nellie at home too! Her name is Tisja.


  5. ItaJeff Says:

    Salam.
    Hi Carleen. What a wonderful post. Are they your kitties? I have a nervous Nellie at home too and her name is Kiroro :-)

    Lots of luv,
    Ita


  6. Nice Idioms Carleen, I liked how you used your cats with them.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Perfect illustrations for both your idioms, and Hamlet and Nellie are adorable! They look very cuddly, though I imagine Nellie wouldn't let me indulge. Sigh.

    quilldancer.com


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Those are awesome. I love the idioms and the cats express each one perfectly :)


  9. Unknown Says:

    First time to your lovely blog.

    Love your kitty cats...what sweet faces.

    Cool Idioms.

    I'll be back to explore.


  10. Carleen Says:

    Hi, peeps! Before I knew about the problems with The Brain, I used to breed and show Persian cats. As a responsible pet owner, I found homes for all but 4 of them when I learned that I would have to have brain surgery. Because the outcome of the surgery was an unknown, and I knew that the Amazing Egyptian Dude wouldn't be able to cope with 18 cats by himself, I had to make the very painful decision to do what was right for my animals even though it felt so very wrong for me.

    Hamlet, the kitten sleeping in the blanket, lives with a wonderful family in a neighboring city now. Dolly still lives with me. Because she is such a Nervous Nellie and has seizures just like mine, I kept her with me. She is quite tiny and very clumsy, but she's my constant companion.


  11. Nessa Says:

    These are so cute. I like Nervous Nellie. Makes me giggle.


  12. Unknown Says:

    You have the cutest assistant!


  13. Anonymous Says:

    Do you say Hello Dolly, Well Hello Dolly every morning to her? LOL. Glad she's a good companion to you


  14. RA Says:

    Ow, so adorable critters! Lovely shots to go along with the idioms. Have a wonderful weekend, Carleen :)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?