Carleen

Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. Click here to play along with us.

1. A friend, who knows how much I cherish my 3 Irish Tenors music, sent me the link to this YouTube video. It's 3 Tenors in the Making. Enjoy!



2. A joke from another friend really made me laugh at a time when I needed to:

At All Saints Lutheran Church they have a weekly husband's marriage seminar. At the session last week, the Pastor asked Ole, who was approaching his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he had managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

"Vell," Ole replied to the assembled husbands, "I've tried to treat her nice, spend da money on her, but best of all I took her to Norvay for da 20th anniversary!"

The Pastor responded, "Ole, you are an amazing inspiration to all the husbands here! Please tell us what you are planning for your for your 50th anniversary."

Ole proudly replied, "I'm a-gonna go get her."

3. Do you know Sister Myotis? I'd never heard of her until an old friend sent me this hilarious Southern Fried Video from Voices of the South.




4. Last night, the Amazing Egyptian Dude and I had dinner at a Persian restaurant with a customer from Kansas and his wife. We talked, laughed, and ate way too much. After engaging in an all out war with The Brain for most of the week, it was nice to have come to a peaceful settlement long enough for me to enjoy a meal without it triggering a seizure. It's successes like that which make me think I could probably solve the problems of the world if someone would just let me try.
5. I've decided to become a student again! This summer, I will take a couple of online classes from a local community college where I used to teach. The good thing is that one of the perks of having taught there in the past and being an employee of a state university (my official retirement date isn't until August 31), I can enroll for free. I'll be learning how to use Excel -- finally! -- and e-commerce marketing. The Amazing Egyptian Dude has expressed an interest in learning along with me, so this could be lots of fun!

Here's wishing everyone a fantabulous weekend!

Labels: , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
8 Responses
  1. Nessa Says:

    Great moments. Good luck with going back to school. I've been considering the same. I love school.


  2. Susanne Says:

    Way to go going back to take some classes. I always admire people who take the bull by the horns and do that.

    Those young men are amazing! Was that their ages in the left corner as they each sang. Jaw dropping talent!

    The cartoon was funny. Thanks for the laugh.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    OMG that Sister Myotis is too funny. I really enjoyed that. The other music...well I can do with out that. Glad you had such a great time out at dinner and put the Brain behind you for some time. That's great news. Congrats on starting the new class. You know with all my knowledge, and it isn't a lot, Excel is one thing I don't know anything about. Good luck with that. Fabulous FFF. Have a great Friday :) Aloha


  4. Brenda Says:

    I love your Maxine cartoon, she always has something funny!

    Glad you got to enjoy a meal. These days I understand how precious those moments are!


  5. ellen b. Says:

    Oh my I have never seen the sista before so I was cracking up with that one. Persian food is one of my favorite things :0)
    Have a great weekend...


  6. Barbara H. Says:

    I just saw those young men on another blog earlier today. What amazing voices!

    Congratulations on becoming a student again! I hope it goes well for you!


  7. RA Says:

    I love your Friday's Fave Five! I'm glad to know that there were no seizures again and the decision about going to be a student again sounds so cool. Good luck :)


  8. Robin Says:

    I loved the Ole joke! As a Norwegian we used to hear Ole and Lena jokes all the time - they always cracked me up! I haven't heard one in a long time and I really enjoyed that.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?