Carleen
  • It's been a while since I posted anything about having problems sleeping, which is a good thing because it meant that there wasn't a problem. Like everything else related to Chiari, I never know when the demon of insomnia is going to emerge from the cave and make itself known until it happens. And it has happened. Bleh! I'm back to sleeping a couple of hours and being awake for three or four, all day and all night long. How this is going to work when it comes time to go to class is beyond me. I'll just have to play it by ear.
  • I missed a documentary on HBO last night that I have been waiting to see ever since I heard about it from the Sundance Film Festival. The film, Shouting Fire: Stories from the Edge of Free Speech, directed by Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Liz Garbus, "examines the balancing act between protecting civil liberties and national security in a post-9/11 world, asking whether all speech is equally free," according to HBO's website. Now I have to monitor the TV schedule to see when it will air again and mark it on the calendar on my iPhone so that I don't miss it a second time!
  • Last night, I heard on the news about a plane crash involving a Yemeni airlines flight over the island of Comoros. At that time, the 150 passengers were not expected to have survived. Just minutes ago, though (it's just before 3:30 a.m.), CNN reported that a toddler was pulled ALIVE from the wreckage! Alhamdullilah ---> in English, that's Thank God!
  • So I took the plunge, made a decision, and filled out the questionnaire for the person whom I chose to design my new blog template. Boohoo for me, her queue is full until sometime in July. :( This would be a good time to remind myself that patience is a virtue, LOL!


Labels: , , , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Sleeping is so problematic and I've always been of the opinion that grabbing sleep when and where one can is a good thing! Of course not so much if one is teaching or taking a class. Teaching makes it easier to stay awake. Sitting in a seat and listening causes one to nod off much more easily whether or not they have sleep problems!!

    Could you send me an email about your blog person. I'd love to know how much she charges and so forth.

    Have a good day!!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I have never ever in my entire life been a good sleeper. I have never understood it and just go with the flow. LOL. Must be the demons deep inside me that say stay up. I always feel like I'm missing so much when I sleep...I'm so glad the little child was found...how wonderful :) Be patient my friend...it is a virture...and it's no wonder I'm not virtuous ... I have none LOL


  3. Nessa Says:

    What an amazing thing that the toddler was found.

    take a deep breath. July will be here and gone in no time.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?