Carleen


  • In just a couple of hours, I'll be off to class. Woot! Excitement aside, I have to say that I now appreciate all of the complaints that I heard from my students about the cost of textbooks. The class that I am taking requires only one book, but that single text has a price tag of $115.95! Absolutely unbelievable!
  • Yesterday went better than expected. The Brain cooperated most of the day, delivering only one seizure and one headache.
  • The niece arrived safely and is sleeping soundly in the spare bedroom.
  • We went in with a friend and the in-laws to buy and split the meat from a whole cow. The Amazing Egyptian Dude asked me last week if I would be interested in doing this. The friend, who owns a butcher shop, was in charge of the project. Much to our surprise, the meat was delivered to us yesterday evening with no prior notice. AED and I spent way too much time trying to figure out what each cut was, wrapping it for freezing, and then labeling each package. I would have never guessed that 1/3 of a cow meant so much meat!
  • Today, Camry comes home from the Spay/Neuter Clinic. I hope that this new and improved version is a bit calmer than the old one.
Have a great Tuesday, y'all!
Labels: , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
7 Responses
  1. ItaJeff Says:

    Assalamualaikum Warahmatulla hiwabarakatuh...

    Hi dear Carleen, hope you doing fine :-)..love to visit your blog everyday and read your great post..

    Have a nice day

    Lots of luv,
    Ita


  2. Nessa Says:

    Have fun with your schooling. Very exciting to start something new.


  3. Unknown Says:

    Wow that is one expensive book! I know books are expensive I homeschool and those books are not cheap.
    Thanks for coming by!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Wow...the price of books are certainly up from my college days. I'm amazed it is that much with the computer so handy nowdays. Glad your niece arrived. Will be fun with her I'm sure. i remember growing up my mom and step father did that with a pig. We had pork coming out our gazoo if i remember correctly. LOL. I'm so gonna miss the Camry stories LOL. Hopefully she will have new ways to make it into the spotlight. Gota a question. When you are in class and the brain takes over what do you do? Does your teacher know about this? Just curious on how you handle it. Hope you took your apple today. Aloha and have fun my friend :)


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I always bought my books VERY used. I didn't care if they were marked up or dog-earred -- I just wanted them cheap!! Can't wait to see how your first class went this morning. I was thinking about you while you were in class!!

    We'd done that "cow" thing and it is GREAT! Haven't done it for a while because I don't know anyone else who has a freezer and wants to share. But occasionally one of our local groceries will have a great price on bulk meat and we'll get enough to about halfway fill the freezer.

    Glad to hear your niece is settling in and hope Camry settles in well today also.


  6. Carleen Says:

    Thom, when I was teaching, I always introduced my students to The Brain on the very first day of class. Thankfully, I only had a seizure once in class.

    I'm getting ready to post about my experience with class today, so you'll soon see how I handled it as a student. How's that for a cliff-hanger?


  7. Anonymous Says:

    It's a hanger alright LOL


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?