Carleen

Jientje from Heaven Is in Belgium, the creator of this meme, writes: "As long as people have been around, they have tried to communicate with each other. As a means of getting the message across as clearly as possible, idioms and sayings have found their way into our language. Now, because "a picture paints a thousand words", I thought it would be nice to make this a new photo challenge. The idea is to choose an idiom, or a saying, ( even slang is allowed) and illustrate it with a picture. Each week we'll cover two letters of the alphabet, okay? "To play along, click here.


K is for Knight in Shining Armor


When you're lucky enough to have a knight in shining armor, you've got someone who will help you to get out of a mess.


L is for Loose Lips Sink Ships


Talking too much can cause serious problems.



Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
8 Responses
  1. RA Says:

    Great idiom and photo choices, Carleen! It's so true that talking too much can cause serious problems. Hang on to your knight in shining armor. Have a wonderful day :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Great job, Carleen. I posted my Knight in shining armor, too -- but with a different idiom!

    And where on earth did you get those wild lips?!


  3. Jientje Says:

    I'm sorry about the seizures, I hope you're feeling better now?
    You did well on this, I came across the last idiom as well, but I had no idea how to picture it, and you did it so well!
    Your knight in shining armour looks very handsome!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    What great idioms. They are so wonderful. Handsome hubby you have there. And those lips...my gosh...how much is on those babies...about ten tube fulls? Excellent my friend :)


  5. Melli Says:

    Oh what a handsome knight! Lucky Lucky you!

    Are those REAL lips? Or are they on a mannequin?

    Great idioms - both! You did a terrific job!


  6. Carleen Says:

    The lips are real, but they're not mine. I found the image on Photobucket and as soon as I saw it last week, I knew that my idiom for this week had to be "loose lips sink ships." :)


  7. Great post, Carleen... and I love your template. Have a wonderful day.


  8. RA Says:

    Hi Carleen, I just read at Jientje that you had another seizure. Hopefully you are doing better now.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?