Carleen
Brenda Lee, "Little Miss Dynamite," has sold more than 100 million records, more than any other woman in the history of recorded music -- yes, even more than Madonna and Whitney! She's had more double-sided hits than any woman in pop music.

Brenda has charted in more categories (including Pop/Rock, Rock, Easy Listening and Country) than any other female in the history of recorded music.

In 1989, Brenda was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame; in 1997, she was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame where she is still the youngest person ever to receive this honor.

For more Musical Monday entries, visit here.





Lyrics

My baby whispers in my ear
Mm, Mm, sweet nothings
He knows the things I like to hear
Mm, Mm, sweet nothings

Things he wouldn't tell nobody else
Secrets, baby
I keep them to myself
Sweet nothings Mm, Mm sweet nothings

We walk along hand in hand
Mm, Mm, sweet nothings
Yeah, we both understand
Mm, Mm, sweet nothings
Sittin' in class or trying to read my book
My baby, give me that special look
Sweet nothings Mm, Mm, sweet nothings

I'm sitting on my front porch
Mm, Mm sweet nothings
Well, do I love you? Of course
Mm, Mm, sweet nothings
Mama turned on the front porch light
And said "Come in darling
That's enough for tonight"
Sweet nothings
Mm, Mm, sweet nothings
Sweet nothings
Mm, Mm, sweet nothings
Sweet nothings



Labels: , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Get outta here. She's sold more than Madonna...my Queen of all Queens? That's hard to believe. I think this is the first time I've ever heard of her...Boy ya learn something every day on this blog...Hope you are well my friend :) Aloha


  2. It's been a spell since I heard Brenda Lee. She was right up there with Connie Francis.

    Thanks for sharing, hope all is going well with you.


  3. Amy Says:

    Thanks for sharing this. I learned something new today.


  4. Says:

    She's a classic!


  5. Diane Says:

    big fans of brenda lee here at my house! this is a terrific song!!!


  6. jori-o Says:

    Wow, love that you included some cool trivia with a groovy song! =)


  7. Unknown Says:

    Wow, this is probably one of the most clever blog designs I've ever seen. VERY cool!
    Happy MM!
    :) Robin
    cinnamon & honey


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?