Carleen
After a rather nasty seizure last night, I crashed on the couch until the Amazing Egyptian Dude came home. I visited with him for a few minutes before falling back to sleep, and he left me there, zonked out and blissfully unaware of anything except the joy of an adventure in Lullabye Land. Because I need a "nest" of pillows to properly support my neck and prevent headaches, he doesn't like to leave me asleep on the couch unless I fell asleep there after a seizure; then, he won't wake me for anything.

It's currently 4:17 a.m., and I have been awake since shortly before 2. If you've read my blog before, you'll know that this isn't anything unusual for me. Except that today it is -- it REALLY is! I would have stayed asleep had it not been for the fact that an unusually loud and unfamiliar sound woke me up. It took me several minutes and opening the back door to finally figure out what it was:

Thunder and Lightning!




I'm not afraid of thunder and lightning but living in Southern California does make me unaccustomed to hearing and seeing it. The sound and light show continued for a good 30 minutes and at one point, the thunder was so close, so strong, and so loud that it rattled the windows in my house! Interesting, during the entire performance, not a single drop of rain fell!

This is earthquake weather, peeps, I'm tellin' ya!



Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
8 Responses
  1. Nothing like a Good Thunder n Lightning Stom to clear the air. Hope you are feeling better soon.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Aww sorry to hear about your night. Hope you are doing well but The Amazing Egyptian Dude knows how to tend to you in his loving manner. That was sweet. Baton down the hatches Dorothy LOL. Loved the video :)


  3. I have loved thunder and lightning ever since my Da explained it to me and my sis when we were kids and she was scared. On of the cool things about living on the East Coast is the storms.

    I seriously hope you are wrong about the earthquakes, tho.


  4. Dr.John Says:

    During the summer I just sleep right through the thunder storms there are so many.


  5. Tammy Says:

    Many of my friends on facebook who live in CA mentioned this storm, it sure must have been a doozy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!


  6. RA Says:

    I hope you are feeling better, Carleen. I'm glad that you are in good hands. You truly have a lovely knight in shining armor. I also hope that the weather gets better. Have a wonderful day :)


  7. Jientje Says:

    Feeling better now? I sure hope so!

    We had a nasty thunderstorm last week also, the worst ever it said in the newspaper. I'm not easily scared by them, (in fact I rather like them) but that one was frightening!


  8. Jenny King Says:

    I always love it when we have thunder and lightening here in the UK.

    Ella Minnow Pea is exactly the book you are talking about :P It's an epistolory (spelling ?) novel so all written in letters.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?