Carleen
Rosidah, I'm taking your tag challenge! I love tags, too.


Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
1) Go to your photo files…Select the 6th photo folder
2) Select the 6th photo in that folder
3) Post that photo along with the story behind it.
4) Then challenge 6 blog friends to do the same!

I am tagging the following people:

1. Iman at MyXanaduToo (cuz she's been very lazy about blogging lately and cuz she's my daughter and I can still tell her what to do, LOL!)
2. Sherlock at Sherlock's Stuff (cuz she's just nice)
3. Ronda at Flaredblond (cuz she's my cousin and since I'm older, she has to listen to me like I had to when she played some funky Johnny Cash record all summer long just to torture me!)
4. My Dad at Please Turn Back the Years (cuz even though I can't boss him around, he's got some killer pictures)
5. Anni over at Hootin' Anni's (cuz she takes some gorgeous pictures, and I'd like to see more of them)
6. Kim from Stuff Could Always Be Worse (just cuz)


First, I have to confess that my need to keep photos organized gave me the opportunity to choose from the 6th folder in several different places. I have photos on my laptop, on two different external drives, and on Photobucket. This one came from the files on Photobucket. Just keeping it honest.


I took this photo with my iPhone last summer, hence the not so great quality. This is my favorite aunt in the whole wide world, Aunt Nola (she's one of my mom's sisters) and my Uncle Johnny. My daughter, niece, and I took a road trip to Texas last summer so that we could celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with them. They were married on the same day as my mom and dad -- a double wedding, it was.

We had the party at my sister's house and since they got married in 1958, we decorated with a Fifties theme. They didn't want anything fancy, just family and friends, so that's what we did. There was plenty of good food, lots of fun games, some great 50's music, and wonderful company.

Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
6 Responses
  1. RA Says:

    Ow, this is so great Carleen! Thank you for joining the fun. What a great photo to come up with. I hope that me and my husband will be looking that happy at your aunt's and uncle's age. I can see why you adore them. A double wedding sounds like an amazing occasion! It's nice to know more about you and your family. Have a wonderful day :)


  2. This was a nice tribute to your Aunt and Uncle Carleen. Isn't it nice to have wonderful memories.

    I borrowed this from Thom and if you visit the blog and read yesterday's post you will see a couple of pictures I posted taken by my Dad of me when I couldn't have been no more than 5.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    What a great tribute to your aunt and uncle. What a great party it must have been last summer. You did good with the iPhone.. :)


  4. Nessa Says:

    Boy, this meme is all over the place. I love your picture and story. Very sweet.


  5. Graceful Mom Says:

    Did they see this photo already? I am sure it made them smile! Happy WW!

    Grace @ Sandier Pastures


  6. What a neat picture, but I am more boring. If you see my blog, you will see flowers. really both 6th places are flowers. One more place is my family photo. I guess this is what I will explain.
    Kim


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?