Carleen
I don't mind Mondays, usually, but I'm not looking forward to the start of this one. It's shortly after 3 a.m. here in delightfully cool Southern California, and I have been awake since just after midnight. I want to sleep -- I need to sleep, but I can't. It's probably because Saturday and Sunday were seizureful days, which means that I got plenty of sleep on both. Still, with everything that's going to start happening here in just a few hours, it would be a good idea for me to have a little sleep under my belt. So what's going to happen in my world today?

1. Camry's spay appointment begins the day and boy, am I glad for this one! I have to drop her off at the clinic before 8:30. She will stay overnight, and I'll get her tomorrow morning. That should also give me time to find the lizard that she dragged into the bathroom yesterday. My cats are all indoor; they never, ever go outside. Is it any wonder, then, that I freaked when I saw a rather large lizard, with only a stump of a tail remaining, trying to escape from Camry by hiding under the bathroom rug?! What I want to know is how in the hell did a lizard get inside my house?

2. Once Camry is dropped off, I'll come home and toss in a load of laundry. I had planned to do some over the weekend, but The Brain had other plans for us. I don't know why the Amazing Egyptian Dude thinks he needs socks, anyway. Dude, you come from the desert -- put on a pair of sandals like me!

3. If I don't have any seizures between now and 10:30, I'll head up the freeway to my dad's house for a brief visit and to take him out for lunch since I didn't get to do it yesterday. To avoid the traffic that heads my way starting around 3:00, I will be back on the freeway and returning home right after lunch. If the seizures continue, though, I will be staying at home, probably doing what I ought to be doing now, which is sleeping.

4. The Amazing Egyptian Dude's niece is, at this very moment, in transit from Cairo. She called about 45 minutes ago to say that she is currently in Amsterdam awaiting her connecting flight to Los Angeles. Her plane should land at LAX around 3:15, so the Amazing Egyptian Dude will take my car and go back up the same freeway that I took to my dad's house and pick her up. By the time she gets through customs and collects her luggage, they will get back on the freeway at prime traffic time. This will give me ample time to change the sheets on the bed in the guest room and get it ready for her. And when that is finished, I will cook something for dinner.

In keeping with the whole Egyptian concept of hospitality, the whole family will be going to airport to pick up the niece, everyone except me, that is. I seldom go to the airport unless I'm the one who'll be getting on or off a plane. As soon as they arrive at home, it's customary to have a meal waiting for the traveler. Everything that Egyptians do involves food of some kind. I'll have to figure out something to cook that will feed everyone, probably pasta and salad. We'll see.

At some point in the day, I need to head over to the college to buy my textbooks and pick up my parking pass because tomorrow is the first day of summer school!



Labels: , , , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wow what a busy day! I hope that you are well and able to complete it all!! I laughed out loud at the sandals comment!! :-) Have a great day, Carleen!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Wow what a busy day ahead of you. The Brain better listen up and not get involved at all. It amazes me also how lizards get in the house. Amazing isn't it. I hope you find it and get rid of it before camry returns...Oh I bet you are so looking forward to her being fixed. I'm going to miss the stories of her womanly ways however. LOL. The Egyptians got the right idea to involve food with everything I tell ya. And wow...back to school...Don't forget the apple for your teacher :) Aloha my friend :)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?