Carleen
Heatwave

Welcome to Saturday: 9 . What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!




Here we go!

1. It’s July. How has the weather been where you are?
So far, the weather in Southern California has been bearable.

2. What is the best way for you to beat the heat?
In the house, curtains drawn, a/c going, glass of iced tea in hand, and feet up.

3. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Do you buy that?
Humidity makes a bearable temperature unbearable. I live in a desert climate and know heat but when I visit family in Southeast Texas and Florida during the summer, I am miserable from the humidity. I can leave 90 degrees plus weather in California, go to Texas where the temperature is the same but humidity is 70% or more, and I wanna die!

4. Do you like hot tubs or saunas?
I don't really like either one. Too much heat for me.

5. What’s the hottest you’ve ever been?
Last summer, I was in Arizona when the temperature peaked at 112 degrees. Add the 2-3 degrees that my anti-seizure medication increases my body temperature, and I'd say that I've been pretty doggone hot.

6. How many times do you hit the beach in the summer?
I burn way too easily to go to the beach in the summer.

7. When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer?
We took an annual road trip across country. The rest of the summer was spent reading Harlequin romances with my mom.

8. Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf?
Although the Beach Boys are from my hometown, I've never been surfing.

9. What’s your favorite summer song?


Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
11 Responses
  1. I am Harriet Says:

    How funny you are from the Beach Boys home town and have never surfed :)

    LOVED your tally of comments too :)

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/saturday-woohooo.html


  2. I absolutely agree with you on the humidity. Ugh!


  3. Lana Says:

    I am pretty sure you could rig up something to stand on in the pool..and have the AED jump into the pool real hard..and you could pretend your surfin :-) If your really up to that...LOL
    I don't think I'd be able to balance myself....
    I used to really like this song...forgot all about it!!


  4. Susan Cook Says:

    I love that song too, I picked that as my fav. summer song too. Have a great day.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Ack...you've never surfed? LOL. Too funny. Love the song. Never heard it.


  6. Becca Says:

    You are lucky to have air conditioning in Southern California. I know many who don't have it (like me!)


  7. With me it's the Humidity as well. Living here in Calgary the air is hot, but dry. Still give me a crisp Autumn day anytime.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Iced tea is the perfect summer drink. I think I'll get me a glass now.


  9. I really cannot take heat, but I will survive
    Kim


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Carleen,
    # 3 was put perfectly, I think its the best description yet of how miserable humidity is. Love your music choice it the first time I have heard it!

    http://www.moorebloglife.com/2009/07/18/saturday-9-2/


  11. I think you got the beat the heat thing down...


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?