Carleen

Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. Click here to play along with us.

1. My week is best summed up in the following quotation by John Quincy Adams:

"Patience and perseverence have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."


2. A friend shared this joke with me:


Women are like phones:
They like to be held, talked to, and touched often.
But push the wrong button and your ass is disconnected.


3. The same friend sent me an email filled with pictures of the art of Julian Beever. This is my favorite:



4. A former student taught me how to determine a true friend: Put your spouse and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour. When you open the trunk, which one is really happy to see you?

5. I am genuinely thrilled that today is Friday and that, for all intents and purposes, this week is over!


Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
13 Responses
  1. Hazel Says:

    I love the quotation about women:-) May I share it with my women friends? That's a lovely picture too!


  2. Carleen Says:

    Sure, Hazel -- pass it along! :)


  3. Too funny...I had to send #4 to my husband. He couldn't understand why I wanted a dog so badly...that about sums it up!


  4. A Says:

    Thank God it's Friday! I too am genuinely happy this week is over!!

    I love that quote about women! I so can relate.. :-D LOL and that artwork is amazing, it looks so real! Amazing!

    Thanks for visiting my blog too! :)

    Have a great and lasting weekend! :)


  5. I love the humor in your list. :-) Thanks for sharing smiles with us.


  6. Nessa Says:

    Very clever way to wrap up your week.


  7. Brenda Says:

    I find #2 to be especially funny. thanks for making me chuckle :)


  8. Anonymous Says:

    LOL...what a great funny list this is. I love it. That picture is awesome and the joke LOL. It's so true. Happy FFF Aloha :)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    I love Fridays, too. That art is amazing!


  10. ItaJeff Says:

    Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh..
    Hi Carleen, I've challenged you for a fun game, please feel free to take it at my blog :-)
    Have a nice day

    Lots of luv,
    Ita


  11. Susanne Says:

    That quote made me laugh right out loud. Oh it hits home! LOL.

    That is great artwork.


  12. Willow Says:

    I'm a bit late getting around to read everyone's FFF. I am laughing at your jokes. What a fun FFF.

    Have a great weekend, now that it's here!


  13. Pamela Says:

    Great list and I love it when it's time to shout...TGIF! (even though I'm late doing my blog reading and it's Sunday already!)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?