Carleen

Jientje from Heaven Is in Belgium, the creator of this meme, writes: "As long as people have been around, they have tried to communicate with each other. As a means of getting the message across as clearly as possible, idioms and sayings have found their way into our language. Now, because "a picture paints a thousand words", I thought it would be nice to make this a new photo challenge. The idea is to choose an idiom, or a saying, ( even slang is allowed) and illustrate it with a picture. Each week we'll cover two letters of the alphabet, okay? "To play along, click here.

Q is for quiet as a mouse.
Something that is very quiet is said to be "quiet as a mouse."

Dolly used to be quiet as a mouse, but she recently discovered her voice and talks quite often now.

R is for rain or shine. When I make plans to go somewhere, I keep them, come rain or come shine -- regardless of what the weather is like.

If you look in front of the big blue truck, you will see the sign for Angels Stadium, home to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball team. I still can't figure out why the team changed its name; Los Angeles is both a city and a county about 30 miles away from the city of Anaheim (also home to Disneyland) in Orange County. Stupid move in my opinion!

Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
8 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I'm amazed that so far each of us has come up with a different Q -- I had forgotten many of them and thought we'd all be illustrating the same ones. And I hadn't thought of "rain or shine." Good work!


  2. MaR Says:

    Lovely kitten being quiet as a mouse, that's cute!!
    Dramatic sky on your second shot.
    Great idioms and shots!!


  3. Nessa Says:

    Cute idea of using the cat for a mouse.

    I see the sunshine on the sign.


  4. Jientje Says:

    Our weather looks just like your second picture! But no "shine" for us today here, horrible! You picked two great ones, and pictured them so well, I love it! Thanks for playing, I'm having so much fun!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Great idioms and the pictures so depict them well. I agree with you on the team name....some people are just so stupid :) Aloha


  6. Great Idioms Carleen, liked the way you used the pictures to describe. Your cat is so fluffy, this is what our skies look like now with the Summer Thunder n' Lightning storms.


  7. Mimi Lenox Says:

    Carleen,

    I've noticed that you play a few other memes in the blogosphere. I really enjoy your answers! I'd like to invite you to play The Queen's Meme every Tuesday with Mimi Queen of Memes.
    The fun begins next week on July 14, 2009. I will send another reminder to everyone on Monday.
    The Queen's Meme

    I hope you will join us!
    Mimi Lenox


  8. Melli Says:

    I couldn't for the life of me think of a way to photograph "quiet" ... and fortunately I don't have any mice scurrying around ... so I gave up on that one! You did great though! Looks like that might have been a good storm that rolled in too! I don't let rain scare me away from much either!


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?