Carleen

Jientje from Heaven Is in Belgium, the creator of this meme, writes: "As long as people have been around, they have tried to communicate with each other. As a means of getting the message across as clearly as possible, idioms and sayings have found their way into our language. Now, because "a picture paints a thousand words", I thought it would be nice to make this a new photo challenge. The idea is to choose an idiom, or a saying, ( even slang is allowed) and illustrate it with a picture. Each week we'll cover two letters of the alphabet, okay?"

To play along, click here.

Here we go!



W is for Waiting in the wings

"If someone is waiting in the wings, or in the wings, they are in the background, but nearby, ready to act on short notice." (source)



X is for X-Factor

"The unknown factor or the unexplainable thing which adds a certain value to that object, element or a person." (source)




Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
9 Responses
  1. Jientje Says:

    Awwww!!! BOTH OF THEM!!!
    That first one made my heart melt, SO PRETTY!!! I read that one on the idiom site, and I remember thinking, how in the world could you depict this, but you did a marvelous job with it! And the last one is just oo cute, definitely an X factor!


  2. These are awesome!! I love the babies on Mom, soooo sweet, and the one of the dog is priceless too. She even looks like she's totally okay with wearing the wig. Must happen a lot, lol.

    I came by last week and saw your post though got distracted before I commented. It was also a fabulous post.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Excellent my friend. Love the W. It is so cute and so is your X. We both did the same thing and I must say yours is a lot better :)


  4. These were Great Idioms Carleen, Waiting in the Wings could almost go with Thom's Bus Wenches. (Bad one)


  5. Nessa Says:

    Both of these are so very clever and the swans are beautiful.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    The swans are lovely and that doggie is just too cute.


  7. Gattina Says:

    Adorable, both pictures ! and so nicely fitting to the idioms.

    Thank you for your compliment on my cat photos, makes me happy !


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I love these photos! Really cute! :)


  9. Drew Says:

    Awwww, that dog is so adorable. Looks just like this girl I dated when I was in addiction treatment way back when.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?