Carleen
OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Chronicles of My Ordinary and Awesome Life, Family, and Thoughts. OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.



For years and years, I was a serious nail biter. My mother tried everything she could think of to get me to break the habit: hot sauce, soap, perfume, lemon juice. Nothing worked. I wasn't an especially nervous kid, but I was a serious thinker and would bite my nails and twirl my hair when lost in my thoughts or a book.

It wasn't until I got braces as an adult that I stopped biting my nails. And the only reason I stopped biting them then was because I couldn't figure out a way to get around the metal in my mouth to latch onto the nail to bite into it! Once I stopped biting them, my fingernails grew in nice and strong, just like my mom's used to.

This photo was snapped with my iPhone while I was stopped at a red light and my left hand was draped over the steering wheel. Yes, folks, these nails belong to me! They are not bought and paid for -- they are au natural!

Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    ROFLMAO...and you are thinking of getting rid of your iPhone to cut costs pffft


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Gosh how in the world do you type with those things? LOL As soon as mine get past the tip of my fingers, they get filed and re-polished.

    I played classical piano for years and got used to short nails. I've grown them out a few times but they drive me crazy so I always end up filing them back even with the fingertips.


  3. Wow! People pay lots of money to have nails like that!


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?