Carleen

Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. Click here to play along with us.




1. I'm grateful for two days of productivity, even if it meant not having time to blog.

2. A friend sent me an email that made me laugh:

How to tell when a woman is pissed


3. This week, the Amazing Egyptian Dude and I received a check from the State of California. Evidently, we were entitled to a larger deduction than we took on something, so the Golden State owed us some money. While it's always nice to get money back from the government, such is not necessarily the case in California. What we got was the much discussed IOU which isn't payable until October 1st. Remember, patience is a virtue, LOL!

4. I have recently discovered Northern Exposure. My sister had recommended it to me when she was here on vacation, so I added it to my What to Watch When Unable to Sleep list. I vaguely remember the show when it aired originally, but it wasn't one that we watched although I don't know why. It's got a good story line and likable enough characters, but I haven't figured out what would have made the writers or producers make Alaskans speak with southern accents! In a couple of cases, my best guess is that the southern twang is meant to imply that the individual is less than the sharpest knife in the drawer; however, that could have been achieved equally well with dialogue alone.

5. I'm sharing a great belly dance video this week! Sadie is an amazing dancer -- the best I've ever seen. That girl can move muscles in ways that ought to be illegal!



Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    What a great FFF. Loved the joke. And when I was reading the refund, I thought..wow How lucky they got money...then I read of the infamous IOU...at least something to look forward to. Loved the video my friend. Have a great Friday :) Aloha


  2. The joke was funny, remind me never to Piss off the Bus Wenches. IOU, imagine that, Watching the Belly Dancer video reminded me of the Scene from the film "From Russia With Love", when James is visiting the Gypsy Camp. Got to watch that movie when I get home tonight.


  3. Love this post, especially the car.
    Kim


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?