Carleen

To see other entries or play along, visit here.


1. If you could turn back the hands of time to correct one wrongdoing, what event would you choose and why?

I wouldn't want to turn back the hands of time to correct a wrongdoing because in doing so, I would also erase the lesson that I learned from the mistake. Do I regret some things that I've done? Of course, but I learned and moved on, trying never to repeat them.

2. Are you one for tradition? If so, what traditions do you strongly believe in? If not, what makes tradition hypocritical?

Traditions are the threads that join the panels of our lives together and without them, we're frayed and fragmented. Traditions provide us with continuity and a sense of immortality. I believe in and celebrate traditions wholeheartedly! The types of traditions that I believe most strongly in are those that are unique to every family -- things like eating certain foods only on specific special occasions. As wonderful as I think they are, though, traditions can become hypocritical if nobody knows what they mean, how they started, or why they continue. A really good example of this is found in Shirley Jackson's short story, The Lottery.


3. You were taking part in an event and you had to crossplay, who would you crossplay as and why?

I have no clue what crossplaying is, so I guess I wouldn't do it.


4. If you only had one day left to live, how would you spend your last day? Would you be tempted to live fatally if you knew you were to die the next day, and if so, what extreme measures would you take?

I'd live my last day the same as I would every other one. The only thing that I might do differently is to add an extra prayer or two.


5. What are your top five sinful materialistic items, ones you'd expect from others including those closest to you? Why are each in the position they are in?

I'm not sure what a "sinful materialistic item" is, nor do I get the second half of the first sentence. I was doing okay with this meme until now! I don't think I have any "sinful materialistic items," unless you count my cigarettes. . .


6. I am...tired but can't sleep because I woke up from a bad dream.

7. I feel...inspired to do something remarkable today.

8. I see...my computer screen and a cup of coffee on my desk.

9. I need...very little to make me happy.

10. I love...little baby ducks, clovers filled with luck, slow-moving trains, and rain
I love little country streams, sleep without dreams, flowers that bloom in May, and hay
And i love you too

I love leaves in the wind, pictures of my friends, birds in the world, and squirrels
I love coffee in a cup, little fuzzy kittens, iced tea in a glass, and grass and i love you too

I love honest open smiles, kisses from a child, tomatoes on the vine, and onions
I love winners when they cry, losers when they try, music when it's good, and life
And i love you too

**I borrowed the lyrics for Tom T. Hall's song, "I Love," and changed them up a bit.

11. I wish...that I could control The Brain instead of It controlling me.

12. I think...; therefore, I am.

13. I hear...dead people. No wait, I see dead people. I forgot what I hear.

14. I crave...mangoes in the summer.

15. I fear...bridges more than anything else.

16. I hopeFor love, joy and laughter
I hope
We'll have more than we'll ever need
I hope
We'll have more happy ever afters
I hope
We can all live more fearlessly
And we can lose all the pain and misery
I hope, I hope

**I agree with the Dixie Chicks' lyrics for "I Hope."


Labels: , , , , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
6 Responses
  1. Susan Says:

    Hi Carleen, sorry I haven't commented in a while. I've been catching up on your posts. You have some very good ones here.

    I see we have a common fear of bridges! I thought I was the only one who freaks out when she sees an unfamiliar one! Especially ones that kind of hump up in the middle. We lived in Baton Rouge for almost 5 years and I couldn't drive across the Mississippi River bridge until about 2 months before we left there, and I made myself do it to try and conquer my fear. I did it but it didn't conquer squat! The worst one I've ever seen is in Beaumont, TX. I thought I would have a heart attack when I saw it! I'll have to do a post on it someday.

    Love the Tom T. Hall lyrics! As soon as I saw the first words, I started singing it. I love the Dixie Chicks, too.


  2. Marites Says:

    first time i heard somebody having fear of bridges... I find #10 and #15 really sweet.


  3. Lisa G Says:

    Wow. Great answer for #2. Have a great Sunday :)


  4. I am Harriet Says:

    Good point about losing the lesson learned :)


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I love your number 10. 16 too.

    Have a great week!!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I love your #1. It is the bomb. I see #3 gave you the same problem as it gave me. #10 and 16 are the best. WOOT for #5. Ya done did great with this. Aloha :)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?