Carleen
With all the stuff that has recently fallen on my plate, I've been a rather neglectful blogger. It's challenging to stay on top of posting while overseeing the care of a very ill and elderly person, working hard to keep a business afloat in these trying economical times, providing a sympathetic shoulder to the teenage niece during her periods of angst, providing entertainment for the visiting niece, running a household, and managing my own health issues. And when life gets in the way of blogging, well blogging just has to wait until I have a chance to catch up. After all, the freedom to pursue life, liberty, and good coffee doesn't come without responsibilities!

The Bumbles, who host The Monday Movie Meme, recently honored me with

I am genuinely flattered that they found my blog "luv-erly" enough to deserve this award. Now it's my turn to pass it along to another "luv-erly" blog.

1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2. Pass the award (up) to 15 other blogs that you have newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

I read quite a few blogs and often follow the links on their sidebars to discover new ones. It was while following comment links that I stumbled on the blog that I want to share this award with.

Tomas @ art by Tomas

From the colorful header to the stunning photos of his art to the heartfelt comments he makes on them, Tomas' blog is pure eye candy to me. In 1974, Tomas suffered a serious head injury that left him with a disability. This Lithuanian photography blogger takes ordinary photographs and turns them into colorful expressions of the meaning of life. I look forward to every new post he makes.


My blogging and texting pal, Thom, the Comment King, @ Thom's Place 4 Well Whatever, honored me with the Blog de Ouro award. If my translation skills haven't gone completely astray, it means Golden Blog. How cool is that? The Brain and I thank you, Thom!

The slightly amended rules of this award are:

1)Show the award in your blog.

2)Link back to the blog that tagged you.

3)Pass on the award to 8 blogs that you love. (Since this award has been around for a while feel free to pass it to as many or as few as you want.)

4)Inform the bloggers that they have been awarded.

5)Take your time there’s no pressure, but try to check out the other awarded blogs.

I'd like to share this award with the following bloggers:

  • Gabriel @ Live from Waterloo because you just can't go wrong with a bi-lingual blog filled with pictures and talk of soccer!
  • Sara @ Ordinary and Awesome because ordinary can definitely be awesome, but Sara's blog is anything but ordinary.
  • Itajeff @ Something to Share because one can never have too much pink or too many roses.
  • My Dad @ Please Turn Back the Years because, well, he's my dad! Seriously, Dad is just getting started with blogging, but what he's done so far is awesome.
  • Sherlock, the newly texting fool, @ Sherlock's Stuff because who doesn't love text messages?



Labels: Bookmark and Share | edit post
9 Responses
  1. Michele Says:

    Congratulations on your award, you most definitely deserve it.
    I am sorry you have so much going on in life right now... it must be a bit overwhelming but I am amazed at how well you are coping!
    Yay! You are truly an inspiration.
    Hang in there, my friend!

    Hugs♥


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Congrats my friend...well deserved. :) Aloha and you are most welcome :)


  3. Gabriel Says:

    Well thank you!!! And you're right with the translation, it does mean "Golden blog" or "Blog of Gold" in Portuguese.

    I really appreciate you passing this award onto me, I've made yours one of my favourites and making sure I read it every day as well.


  4. Nessa Says:

    Congratulations on your well deserved awards.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulations and thank you! I know you've got a lot going on right now. Be sure to take time to take care of yourself :-)


  6. Thank you SO much! I posted mine to pass on today.


  7. ItaJeff Says:

    Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh..

    Thank you so much dear Carleen and congratulation to you too. I'll make a post as soon as possible.

    Have a nice day

    Wasalam

    Ita


  8. The Bumbles Says:

    You are spot on as usual - life before blogging!!! If we didn't get out there and do the real stuff, what the heck would we have to write about here? Happy weekend.


  9. TOMAS Says:

    Dear Carleen
    Congratulations on your award. I would dare to say the award to you was the award to all your friends. so to speak, you made one more holiday to us.
    Thank you for passing this award to me. I greatly appreciate that and will try to be worthy your praise/not forget the miraculous healing of the spiritual interaction of the bloggers in times of stress.
    Thank you once again.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?