Carleen
To see other participants or to play along, click here.

This week I'm moved by yet another Roger Miller song. This time, though, instead of the song being all goofy and funny like the last one, it's a tear your guts out, grab a box of tissue classic country heartbreak song. I love, love, love the steel guitar in this one and if you listen carefully, I swear that you can hear it "talk"!

But best of all, I've located a video of the song by a young, just emerging on the country music scene, kd lang. The power of kd's voice shines in Miller's song and it doesn't matter how many times I listen to it, I get goosebumps and teary-eyed.

Here's hoping that you enjoy this marvelous song as much as I do.



Roger Miller


Labels: , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
5 Responses

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Kd Lang owns this song now, she is amazing! Her passion in this reminds me of Patsy Cline and the "personal feeling" that went into her music.
    great pick!

    http://www.moorebloglife.com/2009/07/27/musical-mondaydouble-country/


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I hate to say this, well maybe I don't, but I can't stand KD Lang. Never liked her music at all. Great Roger Miller song. Never heard it. Excellent :)


  3. Carleen Says:

    Thom, how could anyone NOT like kd lang? Her voice is AMAZING! I think she's absolutely incredible.


  4. Says:

    KD Lang does have a tremendous voice.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?