Carleen

Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. Click here to play along with us.

1. My week is best summed up by this quotation from Franklin D. Roosevelt: "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

2. A friend sent me this funny photo:



3. My brother-in-law sent me this joke:

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica - where do they go?

Wonder no more!!!

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.

The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintaining a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing: "Freeze a jolly good fellow."

Then they kick him in the ice-hole!

4. Our weather is still pleasantly not-too-hot, especially considering the time of year. I can live with summertime temps in the low 80's with no problems!

5. The grape harvesting has begun! Over the next couple of weeks, we'll have so many green seedless grapes that we could probably open a fruit stand and do a brisk business with them. Instead, we'll just share them with family, friends, and neighbors.

Hope everyone had a good week!


Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
8 Responses
  1. Hazel Says:

    I love no. 1, and blimey! that's a funny photo indeed. At first I thought, "what's that guy doing with his mobile toilet?"


  2. Pamela Says:

    Great joke and cute kitty drawing!


  3. I am Harriet Says:

    Hi there.
    I just wanted to thank you for participating in the July Comment Challenge. Be sure to stop by sitedandblogged.com this weekend and enter how many comments you have made for the weekend to see if we can hit 1000 as a group.
    thanks!
    Harriet


  4. Anonymous Says:

    LOL about the penguins. You know I saw a movie about them and how dedicated they are. It was awesome. I never knew that. I've seen that other truck picture before. It's funny. Glad the weather isn't too bad. Love the quote. LOL Happy FFF :)


  5. Willow Says:

    Cute joke! I hope your weekend is fun. Happy Independence Day!


  6. Carleen Says:

    Happy 4th to all! I wish that I had time to respond individually, but there's a lot going on right now.


  7. Susanne Says:

    The penguin thing totally cracked me up. It had me going for a while there.

    That is quite the paint job on that truck. LOL.


  8. Brenda Says:

    That is a funny picture!

    Nice to have wonderful things to harvest from your garden!


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?