Carleen
OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Chronicles of My Ordinary and Awesome Life, Family, and Thoughts. OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.
To play along or see other participants, click here.


I received these photos in an email from a friend. I don't know where they came from or who took them, but they were simply too amazing not to share!

Would you be apprehensive about driving across this bridge?


There is just something not right about driving above the clouds!


The Millau Viaduct is part of the new E11 expressway connecting Paris and Barcelona and features the highest bridge piers ever constructed. The tallest is 240 meters (787 feet) high and the overall height is an impressive 336 meters (1102 feet), making this the highest bridge in the world. It is taller than the Eiffel Tower ...

Intriguingly, the Millau Viaduct is not straight. A straight road could induce a sensation of floating for drivers, which a slight curve remedies. The curve is 20km in range. Moreover, the road has a light incline of 3% to improve the visibility and reassure the driver.

What an amazing engineering feat!


Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
8 Responses
  1. a49erfangirl Says:

    Not sure I could drive over it! I have a fear of bridges. I cringe going over ours here. LOL Beautiful though!


  2. Susan Cook Says:

    I think I would definitely be scared to go over that bridge!

    Happy WW!


  3. Saph Says:

    Someone had forwarded me those pictures some time back! I think they are quite awesome! I like the one above the clouds!!!
    Thanks for visiting my blog!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Well you not liking bridges wouldn't go over that I'm sure. It's beautiful. I would so love to see it in real life :) Awesome :)


  5. Holy smokes - what an INCREDIBLE bridge. The shots are just amazing. Not sure I'd feel so great driving it, though. LOL!! :D


  6. WOW!!!!! that is incredible


  7. Carma Sez Says:

    I would be more than a "little" apprehensive. Let's just hope I'm wearing heavy duty undergarments :D


  8. Michele Says:

    Oh whoa... just catching up a bit and saw this and these are incredible!

    Hugs♥


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?