Carleen

Jientje from Heaven Is in Belgium, the creator of this meme, writes: "As long as people have been around, they have tried to communicate with each other. As a means of getting the message across as clearly as possible, idioms and sayings have found their way into our language. Now, because "a picture paints a thousand words", I thought it would be nice to make this a new photo challenge. The idea is to choose an idiom, or a saying, ( even slang is allowed) and illustrate it with a picture.

My theme for the week is cats.

Here we go!

If someone is in the catbird seat, they are in an advantageous or superior position. By virtue of his superior handsomeness and unbeatable charm, Marlowe lives in the catbird seat! Well, until Maggie, the undisputed Queen of the World, comes along to put him in his place, that is.



Something that is the cat's pajamas is excellent. In this case, the something is actually someone -- three of them. From left to right, my cat's pajamas are: Rania, the niece who visited us from Egypt; Iman, our daughter who followed in her mother's footsteps and married an Awesome Egyptian Dude (mine is Amazing, hers is Awesome); and Basma, the tortured teenage niece who is my travel partner and bestest buddy -- when I don't have to harass her about school, that is!



Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Excellent my friend. I love the last one. What a awesome looking ladies they are :) Only thing that would have made this any better was you in there with them. Love the idioms. You done did good my friend :)


  2. Jientje Says:

    I agree!!! Cat's pajama's, that should be similar to the bee's knees, no? I had never heard of either of them, cute sayings!
    Very well done!! So your daughter married an awesome Egyptian too eh?


  3. Gattina Says:

    How sweet ! Cats fit into all idioms apparently, lol !


  4. Dr.John Says:

    Good idioms well pictured and explained. This must be cat day. Lots of cat pictures today.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    What a cute cat -- and he does look expectant!

    I wonder how "the cat's pajamas" came to be a phrase?

    Great photos!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    I don't understand why you're saying you're a bad photographer. Well done. B.T.W. I even did 3 idioms on 1 pic. There was a Flamish one too. :-)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?