Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. Click here to play along with us.
1. Yesterday, my Aunt Nola sent me an email filled with "godly humor." In it, was this cartoon that made me laugh unbelievably hard because it is so true to life:
2. No matter how many adjustments we have to make to our lives since my retirement, I've come to the conclusion that it really was the best decision for me. Just a couple of days ago, I got a message from a colleague in another department through the university's network on Facebook. He wanted to know whether I, or any of the others to whom he had sent the message had received our Fall semester teaching assignments yet because the up and coming Chair of the English Department had let him know that she was awaiting word from the President of the University as to whether or not re-hiring part-time faculty would even be an option this semester. With classes beginning in only two and a half weeks, the stress level must be unbearable for these poor people.
3. A friend sent me this cute joke:
A man was sitting in his favorite chair watching TV when he heard his wife's voice from the kitchen.
"What would you like for dinner, love, chicken, beef, or lamb?"
"Thank you," he said. "I'll have chicken."
"Shut up," came the voice from the kitchen,"You're having soup. I was talking to the cat."
4. The orange tree in our backyard is in bloom, and one of my favorite smells ever is that of orange blossoms! The tree is absolutely loaded with them. Last night, while the nieces were swimming, I spotted a humming bird darting from one flower to the next all around the tree. Of course the camera was at the office so I couldn't get a picture and besides, the blossoms attract lots of bees which I am deathly allergic to. There's hardly anything more glorious than the scent of orange blossoms first thing in the morning. Once you've smelled them, it's not hard to understand why they used to be the preferred flower for bridal bouquets!
5. I'd like to introduce a fun new meme that I started on my other blog and invite everyone to participate!
Egypt Everlasting is a blog about everything Egyptian and although Egypt’s history is long and her culture fascinating, she is but one nation in this world of ours that grows smaller with each day. Every Saturday, we’ll post a theme. Participants will post a picture, story, song, poem, recipe, craft project, piece of art – anything, really – that tells us something about your city/town, state/province, or country for that week's topic. Our hope is that through this weekly meme, we’ll learn more about our countries and cultures.
We just started last week, and the first theme was Home Sweet Home. I hope you'll check this week's theme and play along!