Then: August 1999
1. Age: 40 for two whole months
2. Romantic Status: You could have asked me this question in 1989 and got the same answer, still married.
3. Occupation: Teaching English at one university and two community colleges
4. Fun night out: Dinner and coffee with hubby and friends
5. My BFFs: Cindy and Iman
6. I spent way too much time: Trying to engage the disengaged, never realizing that they had checked out for a reason.
7. I spent not enough time: Monitoring my health and listening to warnings when they were first given.
8. I wanted to be when I grew up: I had been grown up for a long, long time already.
9. Biggest concern: My daughter's future
10. What my biggest concern should have been: No difference from #9
11. Where did I live: The same place where I live now.
12. Dumbest thing I did that year: I honestly don't remember.
13. If I could go back now and talk to myself I would say: Never, ever trust that everything is ok just because it seems like it is!
14. Picture of me then: I don't have a scanner.
Now: August 2009
1. Age: 50 for two whole months
2. Romantic Status: Still married to the same guy I was married to in 1989 and 1999.
3. Occupation: Recently retired from teaching, but now working in our business most of the time.
4. Fun night out: A fun night "out" is actually a quiet night "in" without any work to do.
5. My BFFs: Cindy and Iman
6. I spend way too much time: Right now I spend way too much time playing Farm Town on Facebook. In general, though, I spend far too much time on the computer doing work related stuff.
7. I spend not enough time: Reading. I miss having the time and energy to curl up with a good book!
8. I want to be when I grow up: Same answer as for 1999.
9. Biggest concern: Since 1999, I was diagnosed with Arnold Chiari Malformation and had brain surgery two years ago to help control the symptoms; therefore, my biggest concern at the moment is keeping The Brain under control and fighting off seizures and headaches so that I can have more good days than bad.
10. What my biggest concern should be: How to keep grey hair under control.
11. Where do I live: In the same house that I lived in 10 years ago. I hate moving!
12. Dumbest thing I have done this year: Because of #9, remembering things like this is not easy for me. Besides, I do dumb things on a daily basis!
13. What I think I would say to myself in 10 years: Carleen, you should have given in to your inner gypsy and taken a road trip every summer!
1. What do I miss most from 1999: The bones that I had in my neck and the piece of my skull that I had back then that were removed when I had brain surgery a few years ago.
2. What do I miss least from 1999: Nothing that I can think of . . . that may have something to do with the missing pieces of my head and neck, though . . .
3. What have I accomplished in 10 years that I am most proud of: I survived without losing my sanity or my ability to be thankful for what I have and who I am.
4. What have I NOT accomplished in 10 years that I wish I had: I didn't take a road trip every summer.
Labels: Sunday Stealing