Carleen

Jientje from Heaven Is in Belgium, the creator of this meme, writes: "As long as people have been around, they have tried to communicate with each other. As a means of getting the message across as clearly as possible, idioms and sayings have found their way into our language. Now, because "a picture paints a thousand words", I thought it would be nice to make this a new photo challenge. The idea is to choose an idiom, or a saying, ( even slang is allowed) and illustrate it with a picture. Each week we'll cover two letters of the alphabet, okay?"

To play along, click here.

Here we go!


U is for up in arms
When someone is ready to fight, (s)he is "up in arms."



V is for Vietnam Syndrome
"An attitude in government circles that diplomacy may be more effective in solving local political problems in other countries than the use of military force, stemming from the failure of the U.S. military intervention in Vietnam." (source)



Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
6 Responses
  1. Jientje Says:

    Wow, I love yours! I don't think I've ever heard of the second one, and theyre both very cute pictures!! Thank you so much for playing! Well done!


  2. Gattina Says:

    Now Ihave a question, how did you get that little squirrel dressed ??


  3. Hootin Anni Says:

    Super Job for your idioms....I wish I'd started on this at the beginning. But, even if I didn't participate, I do know I've enjoyed all of them I've seen.

    Happy day to you, and thanks for stopping by for a visit.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I'm wondering if that squirrel is real or stuffed, but it's a cute picture! Both are -- good idiom choices. I am always amazed that none of us picks the same ones! Especially with so few for V.


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Loved your idioms and the picture. The picture for up in arms is priceless and the Vietnam Syndrome I had never heard Excellent picture for it. Well done :)


  6. Great Idioms Carleen, I was going to ask about the Squirrel, but Gattina beat me to it. Hmmmmm It had to be someone with lots of Patience and a Squirrel that is a pet.

    The pictures were great to go along with.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?