Carleen

The Bumbles, our hosts, are on vacation -- a road trip from NY to Canada. Inspired by the promise of fun in their Jeep Cherokee journey, this week's movie theme is "on the road." So many movies are all about getting from Point A to Point B and the humor/drama/horror that occurs along the way. Share on your blog movies that focus on road trips and then link back to The Bumbles. And don't forget to visit your fellow participants!

Here's my list of the best "on the road" movies:


The Wizard of Oz



Smokey and the Bandit




The Grapes of Wrath



The Long, Long Trailer



It Happened One Night



Rainman



The Sugarland Express



Labels: , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
5 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Rain Man is an excellent choice! Love your blog :)


  2. Terry Kate Says:

    Wow,
    Awesome list, you put me to shame!
    you even have one movie on there I have not heard of. It brought to mind all the westerns I forgot about and LOVE. Great list and thanks so much for sharing.
    Terry Kate
    http://ritbs.blogspot.com/2009/07/monday-movie-meme-on-road.html
    mine is short and sweet.


  3. Your list includes two of my three (Rain Man & Wizard of Oz). Grapes of Wrath and It Happened One Night are excellent choices, from two opposite ends of the spectrum. Wish I'd thought of them, too.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    The Wizard of Oz is my all time favorite I must say with Rainman right up there. Great choices :)


  5. Great list! Wizard of Oz and Rain Man made my list too. :-) I remember Smokey and the Bandit! I haven't seen that one in years.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?