Carleen

Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. Click here to play along with us.


1. This week, I'm grateful for my baby sister and America's Got Talent. I've had a week full of seizures, most of them worse than normal, so I haven't been feeling as optimistic as I usually do. In fact, I slept away much of the week as always happens when The Brain takes charge. My sister called me yesterday to check in and knowing how much I enjoyed Britain's Got Talent, she asked what I thought of this season of America's Got Talent. Well, D-U-H, I didn't even know that it was on! After we finished chatting, I visited the NBC website and got caught up with the show. I have two favorites so far: Barbara Padilla, whose YouTube videos have the embed feature disabled, and




2. When the Amazing Egyptian Dude was acid washing, cleaning, then refilling our swimming pool on Sunday, he sent me to Home Depot for some additional supplies. Since the pool supplies are in the garden center, it provided me with the perfect opportunity to look at house plants. I was thrilled to find a new orchid plant for just $6.98!



3. Camry has fully recovered from her spay surgery and is back to her old tricks. Having had cats all my life, I know that they are fascinated by bags and boxes. Camry takes this fascination to the level of an obsessive-compulsive disorder, though! No box, no bag is safe when Camry is around.


Typically, we reuse the plastic shopping bags for the trash cans in the bathrooms and bedrooms. But after seeing Camry's latest misadventure, I'll have to remember to cut the handles so that if she grabs one, she doesn't become entangled in it.

4. My brother-in-law makes some mean felafel so when he made a huge batch on Wednesday and shared a freezer bag full of the raw mix with us, I was a quite the happy camper. Egyptians eat felafel any time, but it's especially popular as a breakfast food, like this:


Clockwise on the plate, starting at 9 o'clock is felafel, tomato, gargeer (I think this is watercress in English, but I'm not sure), parsley (beneath the gargeer), pickled turnip, and chili peppers. A dish of tahini sits at the center of the plate.

5. I am really looking forward to tomorrow! A local Shakespeare Company has a summer stock type show season at a park on the beach. Attendance is free, and the park has a picnic area. Ever since I had the brain surgery, we haven't gone. I decided that we will go this year and invited one of the Third Grade BFFs and spouse, along with some other friends and family to join us. I'll do my best to remember to take the camera along with me and get some shots of us as we picnic and enjoy Julius Caesar.

4 Responses
  1. TOMAS Says:

    at first glimpse, the photo of your Camry caught my eye and thus I run to leave my response prior reading the whole text.
    That is wow indeed. Firstly, I rejoice over Camry's recovery, and this shot talks out of itself - photo worked as my own recovery, so to speak.
    Thank you


  2. Anonymous Says:

    pffft...Cats LOL. Cute picture of Camry however. Loved that woman playing the harp. She was great. But my fav was Kari Callin was my absolute favorite. Sorry about all the seizures...That brain I tell ya. 50 lashes with a wet noddle to it. That food looks excellent. I can't do chili peppers but everything else looks great. I so love orchids. I'll have to post a picture of a special one for ya one day :) Aloha my friend and have a great weekend and enjoy the show and the picnic :)


  3. Carolan Ivey Says:

    Wow, Rashida's singing made my hair stand up!

    Hi Carleen, I'm glad I found your blog and the list of other invisible illness blogs that you have. I also have chronic illness that's pretty much invisible to anyone who isn't paying attention. I love your blog an plan to stop by often.

    Cheers!


  4. I can't imagine having falafel for breakfast! It's good stuff, though.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?