Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. Click here to play along with us.
1. My week is best summed up by this quotation from Franklin D. Roosevelt: "When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
2. A friend sent me this funny photo:
3. My brother-in-law sent me this joke:
Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica - where do they go?
Wonder no more!!!
It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.
The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintaining a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.
If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried.
The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing: "Freeze a jolly good fellow."
Then they kick him in the ice-hole!
4. Our weather is still pleasantly not-too-hot, especially considering the time of year. I can live with summertime temps in the low 80's with no problems!
5. The grape harvesting has begun! Over the next couple of weeks, we'll have so many green seedless grapes that we could probably open a fruit stand and do a brisk business with them. Instead, we'll just share them with family, friends, and neighbors.
Hope everyone had a good week!