Carleen
  • Today is California's special election for six ballot propositions, each designed to raise taxes enough to help cover the state's current fiscal crisis. I love the Golden State to be sure, but I don't love her politicians enough to help them pay for the mess they've created! So in a few hours, when the polls open, I'll be telling the Governator where he can take those propositions and what he can do with them when he arrives there!
  • Happy Anniversary to my dad and stepmom. They got married on my birthday so, he says, my dad won't ever forget their anniversary!
  • The second phase of the grading marathon is well underway. My goal is to have graded and returned all of the research papers that I collected on Thursday of last week no later than tomorrow. One class is done, and the other one is in progress. Yeah me!
  • I'm keeping an eye on the swarm of earthquakes happening in the South Bay area. Not that I'm worried about the "big" one, but it sure is interesting to see how the quakes correlate to our freaky weather. Judging from the number and strengths of the temblors in the last 48 hours, something big is brewing beneath us.
  • At the lunch meeting of the Fourth Grade BFFs on Saturday, we were so busy talking and catching up that none of us thought to take a single picture! It wasn't until I got home and Ali asked me to see the pictures, that I realized I had none to show. I tried to schedule a quick meeting to get some photos, but Peggy doesn't seem to be checking her email and neither I or Diana have a phone number to call her.
Happy Tuesday, y'all! If you'd like to join in the fun of random ramblings, just post a few random thoughts on Tuesday. Send me the link to your post by leaving a comment, and I'll add you to the list of Random Ramblers!





Labels: , , , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Hau`oli Lā Hānau to you my friend. I hope you have a great birthday. And happy anniversary to your dad and step mom. I hope you have a great day. I loved #1. And hope you don't have to many more earthquakes. Thank you for sharing and in English. Happy Birthday :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Happy Birthday!!!!!!! Hope you're getting away from grading to celebrate your special day!! Hope you don't get any big quakes. I've only experienced one quake in my life and that was about 4 years ago and it wasn't bad. It made the news but it was a tiny quake. It felt like about five huge trees falling down, one right after the other - real close by!! It went on about 30 seconds before I figured out what it was. Then it was over.

    I hope you voted yes for the one that cuts on raises for legislators! :-)

    Have a great day!!


  3. RA Says:

    Happy Birthday, Carleen! Wish you a lot of joy and blessings as you step into another year. Thom was so nice to gave us a hint on this special occasion at his blog ;). Happy Anniversary to your dad and stepmom!


  4. Carleen Says:

    Thom, thanks for the quick lesson in Hawaiian! Oh, and the birthday greetings are nice, too. ;) The earthquakes are still coming; aftershocks from the original quake happened this afternoon. I don't mind earthquakes, really, but I'm done with them for a few days....PUHLEEZE! And OMG, you shared my birthday on your blog -- how sweet is that?! Thank you!

    Sherlock, thank you very much for the birthday greetings. So far, the day has been a real rock and roller, LOL! Unfortunately, none of the rocking or rolling has anything to do with my turning 50. All of that excitement will happen this coming weekend when papers and exams are finally graded. I'll let you know how the celebrations go this weekend. Maybe I will actually remember to take some photos this time, LOL!

    Rosidah, thank you very much for the birthday wishes. I really appreciate that you took time from your day to send them to me.

    And to all of you, I've shared the anniversary wishes with my dad and stepmom. They thank you, too!


  5. Unknown Says:

    Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed it! I've been reading about the earthquakes on twitter. When is yall last day of school? I think they get out over here Friday. We homeschool so we finished a couple of weeks ago. Have a wonderful night. TFS


  6. Anya Says:

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLEEN :)
    Many purss from Kareltje
    Big hug from Me :)


  7. Carleen Says:

    Anissa, thanks for the birthday wishes! The university ends instruction and begins commencement on Friday of this week. The K-12 schools won't be finished until sometime around June 12th. We start later than you folks to the east of us do, although I could never quite figure out why.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?