Carleen
1. What is on the walls of your room?
Yellow paint and a landscape above the bed.


2. What type of music do you listen to?
All kinds, but I'm especially partial to the Bakersfield Sound (country) of Dwight Yoakum, Merle Haggard, and Buck Owens. I also really, really like the music of the 50's and 60's: Fats Domino, Bobby Vinton, Elvis, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Conway Twitty (both the rockabilly and the country stuff), Cliff Richard, The Beatles, The Everly Brothers. And the crooners -- I like the crooners, too: Andy Williams, Frank Sinatra, Engelbert Humperdinck, Tony Bennett. If I don't stop now, this list will be the whole post.


3. What do you want more than anything right now?
I would love to have my mother with me. I've been married to my husband longer than I lived with my mom, who died 32 years ago, but I still miss her every single day.


4. Do you get scared in the dark?
Nope. I don't see well at night anyway, so it doesn't really matter.


5. What's you worst fear?
That my husband will die before me.


6. If you could anything right now, what would it be?
If I could WHAT anything right now? EAT -- a 'Shroom Burger from Red Robin; DO -- take a nap; BUY -- a plane ticket to England; BAN -- willing ignorance; SMELL -- gardenias


7. What’s the meaningful gift that you’ve received?
I believe that every gift is meaningful because someone put their time, thought, and feeling into buying it for me. No matter what it is, that makes it a meaningful gift.


8. Do you have a crush?
I've had a crush for close to 30 years on the Amazing Egyptian Dude.


9. Who is your favorite celebrity?
Hmmm...my answer would differ based on the why. For example, my favorite actress is Meg Ryan; however, I really admire Michael J. Fox and Holly Robinson Peet as much for their talent as for their activism on behalf of Parkinson's Disease.


10. Could you fall in love with someone that you know must leave?
Yes, because leaving doesn't have to be permanent like death, so there's room to hope that the person would or could return.


11. Share a favorite quote of yours.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine


12. What’s your weakness?
Sad songs. I can't get enough of them, even though I should. I'm so partial to them that even when I'm not feeling down, I need to hear a sad song! Where's Dr. Freud when you really need him?


13. Do you believe that we all have a soul mate?
I'm not much for Aristotelian philosophy.


14. What were you doing before Sunday Stealing?
I was watching You've Got Mail. See #9. :)


15. What do you get complicated about the most?
I get complicated about dealing with people whose minds are so closed that they remind me of the stones in the Great Pyramid -- even a sheet of paper won't fit between them.


16. What turns you off the most from a potential partner?
I haven't had to think about this for a very long time! I suppose it would be obnoxious behavior, especially in public. I mean the kind of behavior that makes a person just cringe inside and want to disappear into the floor to avoid being seen with the culprit.


17. What is you worst habit?
Becoming obsessed with a task and not being able to stop until it is finished. I used to be able to work on multiple projects at once quite comfortably, but the older I get, the more important it has become to finish a task before starting another one. Maybe I subconsciously worry that I'll die before the task is finished and cause unnecessary hardship on someone who might not know how to complete it.

18. When was the last time that you were jealous?
The last time I remember being jealous was when I started noticing that my students drove nicer cars than I. Once I expressed that to the Amazing Egyptian Dude, I got a brand new one.


19. Have you ever had a “friend with benefits”?
No.


20. Do you use sarcasm?
Me? Who's been talking to you?


21. At the moment, what’s you favorite song?
"He Stopped Loving Her Today" by George Jones has been my favorite song for many years.


22. What is you favorite day of the year?
Thanksgiving Day. It has always been my favorite holiday.


23. Describe your love life.
What's to describe? I love life!


24. When was your last one night stand?
Never.


25. How many past lovers are too many?
That's a judgmental question, and I do my best to avoid passing judgment.

Join in the fun! See more Sunday Stealing responses here.

Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
13 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Anonymous Says:

    Crap I made a mistake and had to delete my comment. Typo on the numbering LOL. Here it is again:

    Great Sunday Stealing. I love your answer to No. 18. Excellent and your hubby is lucky to have you. And No. 3. How appropriate for tomorrow. Happy Mother's Day to you :) Aloha All corrected now :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I share your answer for #15. I could live without folks like that.

    Keep up the great work! I enjoy reading your blog. ~ESV


  4. I am Harriet Says:

    Great celeb choices.
    Have a wonderful Mother's Day!


  5. Carleen Says:

    Thanks for the compliment, Thom. I consider myself pretty lucky to have found the Amazing Egyptian Dude.

    thepaceofnature, I'm happy to know that you enjoy reading my ramblings. :)

    Harriet, I'm not usually one who thinks about celebrities, so it took me a while to come up with an answer for that one, LOL!


  6. ladynina Says:

    happy sunday to you. i like to read your answer. it's always nice to learn people's opinion. full of colours.

    =)


  7. Lisa G Says:

    Great quote! Have a happy Sunday :)


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I really should look into reading more about Thomas Paine. That is a great quote.

    Amazing Egyptian Dude sounds... AMAZING!


  9. Good answers. Weirdly, I used to get obsessed with stuff until I finished it; but these days I get obsessed with other stuff to avoid finishing things - go figure. If I got a brand new car when I got jealous, I'm sure I'd be jealous far more often. Have a great Sunday.


  10. I hope that, missing your mother as you do, you got through Mother's Day without it bringing you down.

    George Jones knew how to sing a song to break your heart, didn't he?


  11. Dracenea Says:

    "Ban willing ignorance"

    I LOVE that!

    I also love the smell of gardenias and enjoy a good mushroom. In fact, I had a portobella and spinach wrap for dinner. Yum!

    Michael J Fox was on TV Friday night with a special on the subject of optimism. He's got such a great spirit.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today!


  12. Loved #11. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Happy Mother's Day!
    Purple


  13. Love your celebrity and music choices. BTW- the is the website for that Brownie place I talk about on my blog all the time. http://ultimatebrownies.com


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?