Carleen
This is my first entry for the Thursday Thirteen meme and since I'm not all that familiar with it, I did some scouting around the participants' blogs to get a feel for it. Unless I am way off base, it looks as though I should compose a list of 13 things related to a topic of my choosing.

With my 50th birthday and retirement both coming up soon, friends have been sending me snarky emails filled with jokes about aging. So I'm going to share thirteen jokes about aging and the elderly. Enjoy, 'cause I sure did!

1. Three retirees, each with a hearing loss, were playing golf one fine March day.
One remarked to the other, "Windy, isn't it?"
"No," the second man replied, "it's Thursday."
And the third man chimed in, "Me, too! Let's have a beer."

2. Where should 60+ year olds look for eye glasses?
On their foreheads.

3. My father is so old that when he was in school, history was called current events.

4. As a young man was strolling down the street he passed a large building with a fence around it, he heard a group of people chanting "thirteen, thirteen, thirteen, thirteen" over and over again. Curious, he tried to see over the fence but couldn't. Then he spotted a hole through the wood and put his eye through it to see. He just managed to spy some old people sitting on deck chairs chanting, when a finger came out of nowhere and poked him in the eye. As he staggered back, the old people started chanting "fourteen, fourteen, fourteen..."

5. Old Jim and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there.
Edna promptly jumped in to save him She swam to the bottom and pulled Jim out.

When the Head Nurse Director became aware of Edna's heroic act, she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable. When she went to tell Edna the news she said, "Edna, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is you're being discharged; since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of another patient, I have concluded that your act displays sound mindedness.
The bad news is, Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself in the bathroom with his bathrobe belt right after you saved him. I'm so sorry, but he's dead."

Edna replied, "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?"

6. An elderly couple was attending a church service. About halfway through, the wife leans over and says, "I just did a silent fart, what do you think I should do?"

Her husband replies, "Put a new battery in your hearing aid."

7. A woman and a baby were in the doctor's examining room, waiting for the doctor to come in for the baby's first exam. The doctor arrived, and examined the baby, checked his weight, and being a little concerned, asked if the baby was breast-fed or bottle-fed. "Breast-fed," she replied. "Well, strip down to your waist," the doctor ordered. She did. He pinched her nipples, pressed, kneaded, and rubbed both breasts for a while in a very professional and detailed examination. Motioning to her to get dressed, the doctor said, "No wonder this baby is underweight. You don't have any milk."

"I know," she said, "I'm his Grandma, But I'm glad I came!"

8. Two elderly ladies were discussing the upcoming dance at the country club. "We're supposed to wear something that matches our husband's hair, so I'm wearing black," said Mrs. Smith. "Oh my," said Mrs. Jones, "I'd better not go."

9. Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years, they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards. One day, they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me. I know we've been friends for a long time, but I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is. "

Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes, she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?"

10. My 50-something friend Nancy and I decided to introduce her mother to the magic of the Internet. Our first move was to access the popular Ask Jeeves site, and we told her it could answer any question she had. Nancy's mother was very skeptical until Nancy said. "It's true, Mom. Think of something to ask it." As I sat with my fingers poised over the keyboard, Nancy's mother thought for a minute, then responded, "How is Aunt Helen feeling this morning?"

11. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me, and always she was correct. But it was fun for me, so I continued. At last she headed for the door, saying sagely, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself!"

12. A distraught senior citizen phoned her doctor's office. "Is it true," she wanted to know, "that the medication you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?" "Yes, I'm afraid so," the doctor told her. There was a moment of silence before the senior lady replied, "I'm wondering, then, just how serious is my condition because this prescription is marked 'NO REFILLS'."

13.

Check out the other Thursday Thirteen entries here.

Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
8 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for the chuckles :-) My favorite is the "no refills"


  2. haha oh 14 was one to tell my Mom I am 50 (last month) too


  3. Janet Says:

    #9 reminds me of my friend Pat and me LOL! I love your blog design, it's gorgeous :-) Welcome to the T13.


  4. Jen Says:

    HILARIOUS!! I loved these. Welcome to TT!


  5. Anya Says:

    Great list, and sooooo treu ;)


  6. Nicholas Says:

    Fun list! Welcome to TT!


  7. The Bumbles Says:

    Oh I do love Maxine! But #4 should have been #13! That one was my favorite and totally cracked me up.


  8. Mitchypoo Says:

    Welcome to TT! Loved your list, very funny.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?