- Sunday was the belated birthday celebration with the family. We had lunch at a really good Chinese restaurant, then cake and coffee at my house. I now have some new books to read (yeah!), new documentaries to watch, and a whole bunch of games to play on the computer.
- Today is starting as a continuation of yesterday with The Brain acting all bossy and me trying to control it with Ibuprofen. If the Ibuprofen doesn't work before too long, I'll call in the big guns -- Cafergot -- because I can't spend another day befuddled, miserable, and glued to the couch. Besides, I've still got some essays to grade.
- We don't see hummingbirds in the city very often, so it was thrilling for me when one flew to the jasmine the grows on our fence while I was out watering the yard earlier. It has been at least a year since the last time I saw one here. You'd think with all the grapes starting to take their shape that we'd have lots more birds than we do. They must be getting their food from someone else's yard. Note to self: take a picture of the grapevine!
- Fourth Grade BFF Peggy made it safely back to Luxembourg. I don't feel quite so bad about not remembering to take pictures because she admitted to having her camera beside us the whole time, LOL! And people say it's me who has a problem with memory. . .
- This morning's paper has an article about CALPERS, the California Public Employees Retirement System, the agency in charge of my retirement and pension. I already knew that I live in the wealthiest county in the state, but now the OC can add to its noteriety the fact that it's also home to the highest paid pensions in the state. I must have gotten into the system at the wrong time because I won't be able to join the $200,000 club or even the $100,000 club. Yes, folks, those are annual pension numbers!
4 hours ago