Carleen

Jientje from Heaven Is in Belgium, the creator of this meme, writes: "As long as people have been around, they have tried to communicate with each other. As a means of getting the message across as clearly as possible, idioms and sayings have found their way into our language. Now, because "a picture paints a thousand words", I thought it would be nice to make this a new photo challenge. The idea is to choose an idiom, or a saying, ( even slang is allowed) and illustrate it with a picture.

My theme for this week is apples.

Here we go!

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.


If the tree is the parents and the apple their child, this idiom means that children are like their parents. This "apple" is my daughter Iman who happens to be standing beside one of our guava trees.

Apple of my eye


When someone is the apple of your eye, he or she is your favorite person, the one you desire the most. This "apple" is The Amazing Egyptian Dude showing off the refrigerator he chose for us a few months ago.

Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
5 Responses
  1. Gattina Says:

    Nice idioms ! The empty fridge screams to be filled, lol !


  2. Dr.John Says:

    Two old idioms very well pictured. But couldn't you have used at least one apple?


  3. Anonymous Says:

    What a clever way to show your idioms. I love them. What a handsome family you have :) That is one of the best things about you is how you always include that incredible family of such an incredible woman :) xoxoxox


  4. RA Says:

    Lovely shots to present your idioms! Have a great day, Carleen :)


  5. Jientje Says:

    Ooooh Carleen!!! I had not checked Mr Linky this morning and I didn't know you participated!! Shame on me!!! I love them, and like Thom says, I love the way you always manage to include your handsome Egyptian "dude" and your family!! I think you love your family very much. VERY well done Carleen, thanks for playing!!! Wow, you made me VERY happy!!!


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?