Carleen

To play along or see the entries from other participants, click here.

Here goes nothing!


1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?

Nothing. I don't shop unless necessary and avoid places like Wowmart like the plague!

2. What is something that people are currently “into” that you just don’t get or appreciate?

Tattoos! I always wonder if the people who get them think about what they will look like on their aged skin? An old tattoo is not a pretty thing to see!

3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel “ho-hum” about?

The fact that too many people aren't willing to take the time to investigate an issue before developing and expressing an opinion about it. How do you know what your opinion is if you don't know what the issue is all about -- and I mean from a variety of angles and perspectives?

4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?

It changes with my mood, so there's no particular one.

5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:

Thousand Island salad dressing

6. What advice in a nutshell would you give to new bloggers?

Post as consistently as life allows you to.

7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?

I remember my parents telling a story about how my dad wanted to name me Ellen or something along those lines. Thankfully, he was off on a Navy ship in the Pacific when I was born, so my mom was in charge of filling out the birth certificate and thus my name. I wouldn't change my name, ever.

8. What in your life are you waiting for?

The new Ken Burns documentary to air on PBS.

9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?

If I get a package in the mail, it's because I bought something online. Who it's from depends on who got my money and what I needed at the time I clicked the BUY button.

10. Today–what song represents you?

Gilbert O'Sullivan -- Nothing Rhymed


11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?

That I as much as I enjoy it, I am still far more comfortable with research writing than I am with creative writing.

12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you’re wearing today?
What do they say about you in general or specifically how you’re feeling today?

I chose the clothes that I am wearing because I woke up in them. It's currently 3:40 AM in Southern California, and I have been awake for nearly four hours. It's too early to put on real clothes, so the nightgown it is. What does it say about me? Well, since it has no sleeves, it says that I get hot easily. It's green, which is the color of hope and one of my favorites. Finally, it says that I am hopeful that before the sun peeks up over the horizon of my neighborhood, I will feel sleepy enough to go back to bed.


Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
7 Responses
  1. I am Harriet Says:

    I'm not into the tattoo thing wither.
    Have a great Sunday!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/09/why-was-i-not-marcia.html


  2. Insomnia? :( Wow. Well hopefully you are back in bed snoozing by now!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I have one tattoo and as I left on another post...I don't know what the hell possessed me to get it except for I think the Devil made me do it LOL. I am right there with ya on the insomnia...I've never been a good sleeper. I hope you are feeling well Zip. Have a wonderful weekend my friend :) Aloha xoxoxox


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Awww. Go take a nap.

    Green is one of my favorites too. I did not know it means hope. I like that. :)

    Have a great weekend!!


  5. I do not get the tattoo thing either. Great job! Have a good Sunday...


  6. Enjoyed your answers! Thanks for playing.


  7. RA Says:

    Great answers, Carleen! I'm so with you on no.2 and 3. Have a wonderful week, my dear :)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?