Carleen


When I first saw this week's theme, I struggled to come up with a song that would fit it. Not wanting to go with the obvious -- a song by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons -- I had to really wrack The Brain for a while. Considering that The Brain usually ignores me and just takes control, this was no easy feat!

As I scrolled through the nearly 23,000 songs on my iTunes, hoping that at least one would jump out at me as having something to do with winter, my favorite season, that wasn't a Christmas song, I kept hearing Willie Nelson's version of "Moonlight in Vermont" from his Stardust album playing softly in my head. I hummed along with myself and continued to scan the iTunes list.

Frustrated at not finding just the right song, I needed a little more inspiration than humming and began to sing the lyrics of "Moonlight in Vermont." And then, The Brain had a lightbulb moment: the song mentions falling leaves, ski trails, and snow light. Duh, it's the perfect song which explains why I've been humming it for well over an hour!

Because once is never enough for such a beautiful song, I've compiled three different versions, two vocal and one instrumental, for your listening pleasure. Enjoy!



Version #1: Ella Fitzgerald (Did I mention before that I love Ms. Fitzgerald? I think so!)



Version #2: Willie Nelson



Version #3: Nat King Cole Trio

Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Well done. I went with the obvious. but I had to as you will read. LOL. I love the Nat King Cole Trio version of this the best. Well done and excellent choice. Aloha :)


  2. Run DMT Says:

    I'm with Thom. I went with the obvious. You picked a great one...or three. ;-) Happy MM!


  3. Amy Says:

    This was a hard theme for sure. I like your pick. Have a wonderful Monday.


  4. Unknown Says:

    I love Nat King Cole's musics, my mother introduced them to me. Great pick.


  5. Diane Says:

    great!! it was right under your nose the whole time!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Great well rounded genre Carleen I have to go with Nat cuz I love him, Its funny tho my dad is Ella's Biggest fan!
    *hugs* for my *hugs*


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?