Carleen


For more entries or to play along, visit Diane or Jori, the hostesses of this fun meme!

Being the first grandchild and niece on both sides of one's family has certain perks and privileges, a fact that I learned the day that I was lucky enough to have been born into that blessed position. I'm the first to admit to having been spoiled by my grandparents and having experiences that other kids my age never got, thanks to my aunts and uncles who dragged me along with them on their various adventures. One of those adventures was my very first concert which I attended with my Aunt Naomi and a couple of her friends in 1965. I was nearly six years old at the time and every bit as much in love with The Beatles as my mom and aunt.

I don't remember a lot about the concert except that it was loud, full of crying and screaming girls, and that some of the girls peed their pants from excitement! My aunt bought me a purple t-shirt from that concert, and somewhere my dad has a picture of me wearing it. I'll have to ask him to scan it so that I can post it (he's on vacation in Colorado at the moment).

The video I have chosen is from The Beatles first US concert at Shea Stadium in New York because it gives the feeling of excitement that we experienced when we saw them in California.






Labels: , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
14 Responses
  1. Says:

    Okay, you win today's Musical Monday! LOL How neat!


  2. Nessa Says:

    It must have been amazing to be part of all of that excitement.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Wow Carleen you were lucky, I saw the original Beatle Mania but that doesn't come close to hearing and seeing the real thing wow!. you were just a little thing that must have been a true experience for you!


  4. Diane Says:

    like, WOW!!!!

    super cool!


  5. Amy Says:

    That is so amazing.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    OMG you got to see them? WOOT WOOT and more WOOT!!! How lucky you were you spoiled little thing :) xoxoxoxo


  7. Mimi Says:

    Wow, how amazing to have seen them!

    I love your information about invisible illnesses. I suffer from bi-polar disorder type II and suffer from having an "invisible illness" also.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    What wonderful memories!! Miss you, friend, and hope you're well!


  9. Hazel Says:

    OMG The Beatles! All my aunts, uncles, from both sides love them too. I think one of the rooms in my grandma's house is still filled with Beatles memorabilia that an aunt doesn't want anyone touching. They're major those days! Lucky you to have seen them live.


  10. Never knew the Beatles that much but great post.
    kim


  11. RA Says:

    Wow, what a great experience! Hope you are feeling fine, Carleen. Have a wonderful week :)


  12. Anonymous Says:

    I first saw Michael perform live in July 2005, and I haven't stopped talking about that experience yet!! : lol: Over the years, I've had the good fortune to see him many times, Michael and his show improve with each new tour! Next weekend I'm gonna see him again since I can get cheap tickets so I can save some dollars to the next concert ...I’m so excited!! http://www.ticketsinventory.com/concert/michael-buble-tickets/


  13. Anonymous Says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.

  14. Kelli Says:

    I'm concerned that you haven't posted in a while. I hope that you're ok and wish you blessings in 2010!

    Kelli


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?