Carleen

As long as people have been around, they have tried to communicate with each other. As a means of getting the message across as clearly as possible, idioms and sayings have found their way into our language. Now, because "a picture paints a thousand words", I thought it would be nice to make this a new photo challenge. The idea is to choose an idiom, or a saying, ( even slang is allowed) and illustrate it with a picture. Each week we'll co ver two letters of the alphabet, okay? To play along, click here.




Sour Grapes
When someone resents or is angry about the outcome of something, that person is suffering from sour grapes.




Hair of the dog that bit you
Use whatever it was that made you sick to treat or cure the illness.





Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
7 Responses
  1. Oh my. . . . . 2 great photos!!! I love the grapes and the dog. . . well - that's hilarious!!!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    ROFLMAO...oh my god...The hair of the dog that bit you...too funny. Excellent idioms. Happy ATWII to you. I'm still laughing LOL Aloha


  3. Anonymous Says:

    The grapes look tasty, but that dog photo is priceless! did you take that yourself?! Too funny!


  4. Jientje Says:

    That second one is priceless!! But I love them both!! Thank you so much for playing!!


  5. RA Says:

    LOL. Wonderful done, Carleen. I love your idioms. The second photo is too funny. Have a great day :)


  6. Carleen Says:

    Hi all! I'm glad that you enjoyed my first entry. :) The photo of the grapes is one that I took of the bumper crop we got last year from a single vine that grows in our backyard. Our dog doesn't have very much hair, so I borrowed the photo of one whose hair-do fit the idiom perfectly, LOL.


  7. Oh tooooo funny!!! The grapes don't look sour, but delicious...mmmmm. The dog photo is sooooo good. Both are great choices for the idioms.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?