Carleen

I liked Amanda's idea of choosing a general theme to describe what's moving her this Monday, so I jacked it -- but at least I am honest about my thievery!

In the wake of a miserable last week, I've decided to give in and surrender to the forces beyond my reach that wreak havoc in my life. I've come to the conclusion that sometimes it's better to actually lose the war because in doing so, one is forced to come to grips with one's weaknesses and limitations and to find a way to work with, through, or around them. Such is the case with my cluster headaches and seizures. And so, Brain, you win this time! With white flag in hand, I surrender to the power of your electrical impulses. For today, at least. . .

White Flag by Dido




Sweet Surrender by John Denver




Surrender by Elvis Presley

Labels: , , , , , , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Great songs!I love Dido!Sometimes the best we can do is surrender and somehow things work themselves out...
    Thanks for playing along!
    Carly


  2. Amanda Moore Says:

    Oh Baby you know I am behind you no matter what you need to do to handle everything that is going on. I wish I could make it better for you that's the truth!
    Jon and Elvis are awesome and the gal singing white flag is so laid back I love her style!
    Sending all my love
    Amanda


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Carleen, I'm sorry your week was so bad. Sometimes it happens that way. I hope this week is a better one for you. Sending lots of cyberhugs!!


  4. RA Says:

    I admire your strength, Carleen. Hopefully everything gets better for you. Thanks for sharing these songs.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?