Carleen

Dianne from Good Mourning, Glory is taking a break, so hats off to Amanda for hosting this wonderful meme during her absence.


In honor of America's birthday, I chose one of my favorite Elvis Presley songs, "American Trilogy," from the Aloha from Hawaii satellite TV special that aired way back in the days when I was a teenager. You know, back in the days when only the government had satellite TV and were generous enough to share it with Elvis and his fans for a couple of hours. . .




Enjoy!
Labels: , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Carleen I have never heard him sing Dixie how exciting I thought I had heard him sing it all! This was great sang in that "Elvis" style I am so glad you played this week!
    Amanda Moorebloglife!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    How cool this is. I just loved this. Never seen it but it's awesome. Excellent my friend :)


  3. Carleen Says:

    @Amanda and Thom

    I was lucky enough to have seen Elvis perform this song live when I was 15 years old. He was an older and heavier Elvis by then, but he was still the very best entertainer that I have ever seen in my life -- and I have seen plenty.


  4. RA Says:

    Wow, very lucky indeed. Elvis is one of my favorites, but I never have heard this song before. Have a wonderful weekend, Carleen.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?