Carleen
My least favorite time of year is clearly approaching. Whatever happened to April showers bringing May flowers? We're not going to get much rain here in the draught-ridden southern part of the Golden State with the 90+ degrees temperatures we've had for the past three days, that's for sure!

I've never been a fan of the summer months. Sunburn, heat rash, and sweat just aren't on my list of things to enjoy. Even as a kid, the only part of the summer months that I actually enjoyed were the weeks that we made the family road trip to the east coast. When summer came, I hid away in my bedroom with a pile of books and didn't emerge until time to return to school in September.

The older I get, the harder it is to tolerate summer. Of course the problem isn't helped by the fact that one of my medications elevates the body temperature so that while everyone around me is feeling comfortable, I am hot and miserable. Honestly, I can tell when the temperature in my house increases by a single degree!

At least in adulthood I have the benefit of a home with central air. And during the months of June, July, August, and September, the electric company loves me!
Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
1 Response
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I'm right there with you!! It's amazing what meds can do to body temps. I am most comfortable when the outside temp is between 55 and around 70. WHen it's in the 50's, I'm outdoors in a t-shirt. In the high 60's, I'm in a tank top. Much more than low 70's and the clothes start coming off! LOL

    The best part? I haven't worn socks for about a month! It was getting real difficult to stretch the shoulders reaching down to pull on a pair of socks.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?