Carleen
What's that old saying about no rest for the weary? Or is that the wicked? Anyway, we've been moving at panic speed for nearly two weeks with very little rest or free time for anything not related to work.

It's spring break, but I'm not seeing any kind of a break. My sister and brother-in-law are visiting from Texas, and the poor dears are having to do the tourist thing mostly on their own because I'm stuck with gazillions of things to get done this week.

My retirement paperwork was begun last Friday and on that front, I got some unexpectedly good news. In addition to the retirement from the university, I am vested in and eligible to retire from the system in the community colleges where I taught for several years. The two plans can be merged together to my benefit. The only bad thing is that I have to chase down information from all the colleges.

Thanks for the emailed well wishes. I hope to move to a slower pace soon so that I will have time to blog regularly again. Until then, though, this is the best I can do.
Bookmark and Share | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Good to hear from you. Once things slow down, you'll think you're on vacation and then you'll get bored silly :-) till the next time life starts going a bazillion miles per hour!! Great news about the retirement!! woooooooohoooooooo


  2. Alive is good! We like alive. "Alive and posting" would be better, but if you can only do one of those, I would definitely go for alive...

    ;)


  3. Carleen Says:

    I didn't realize how much I missed posting until I suddenly found my head filled with topics for which I had something to say and no time to get them down. As I mentioned before, I'm much more comfortable writing formally, as in research, but this blogging deal has definitely hooked me in ways I didn't expect it to.

    This weekend, after a bout of headaches and seizures, I came to the conclusion that I need to blog in order to relieve some of the stress that triggers the misfiring neurons in my head, LOL!

    I'll be baaack! :)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?