Carleen
"If you can't sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there worrying. It's the worry that gets you, not the lack of sleep."
--Dale Carnegie

Except for the fact that I'm not worried about anything, I'd probably agree with Mr. Carnegie. It's currently 2:48 am, and I've been awake doing "something" for more than two hours. Unfortunately for me, that "something" is not sawing logs!

I can't remember the last time I actually slept through the night. Ali says I sleep like a cat, napping for an hour as necessary and going about my business between resting periods. Feline fan though I am, sleeping like my cats is not something I do by choice.

Using the wee hours of the morning productively has never been a problem for me. It's the perfect time to watch a documentary or two or three. I'm currently playing PBS's American Experience episode called Nixon. If I can't sleep, why not learn something?

Oh, how I long to find the "sleep that knits the ravelled sleeve of care" (Shakespeare, Macbeth)! But until I do, I will continue to be thankful for portable DVD players and my collection of documentaries.
Labels: , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?