Carleen
Header courtesy of Samulli.
To learn more about Thursday Thirteen, to play along, or to see other entries, click here.


My list is inspired by song from the Dixie Chicks' album, Taking the Long Way.




I hope . . .

(1) . . . that the people who face the possibility of losing their homes will find the help they need in time.

(2) . . . that I will one day scale Laundry Mountain, conquering it once and for all.

(3) . . . that the fleas of a thousand camels will infest the armpits of Kanye West for his lack of civility during and after the VMAs.

(4) . . . that General Motors' new marketing plan succeeds in helping to rebuild buyers' confidence in their products so that the company doesn't go completely under.

(5) . . . that the cold I am fighting off doesn't amount to much of anything.

(6) . . . that this latest stock market rally lasts long enough for folks to recover at least a significant portion of what they lost when it collapsed several months ago.

(7) . . . that summer leaves soon so that fall can arrive!

(8) . . . that more people will start to live by the notion that wanting for your neighbor what you want for yourself is a good thing.

(9) . . . that the heatwave we're supposed to experience over the next few days isn't bad enough to trigger more fires.

(10) . . . that in our upcoming gubernatorial election, we Californians will remember that just because someone has experience on the big screen doesn't mean that he or she will know what to do in the big house in Sacramento!

(11) . . . that our latest container, which is scheduled to arrive at the port in Long Beach in the second week of October, doesn't have a long and drawn out hold up at Customs -- we need the products in it like last week!

(12) . . . that I get a chance to learn how to sync my Google calendar to my iPhone this weekend.

(13) . . . that the Muslims of the world have a wonderful Eid celebration! For those who don't know, Eid is the holiday that comes at the end of Ramadan, the month of fasting.


Labels: , , , , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
10 Responses
  1. Hootin Anni Says:

    I wish GM would not discontinue the pontiac. It was my favorite 'brand'!!

    LOVE!! all of your 13.

    My Thursday 13 [scroll below my Thursday Thunks] post is now published. It's a fun quiz for you with a PRIZE I made to grab-- if you win!! If you have time....would appreciate your visit. Have a great day.


  2. I am Harriet Says:

    That sync thing never worked right for me. I'm happiest with the old fashion way of keeping my calendar.


    Have a great Thursday!

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/09/have-you-ever-been-bitten-by-member-of.html


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Love these! My favorite is Laundry Mountain. got one of those here too!! Hope you feel better soon and it's only a cold and nothing more! Take care -- miss ya!


  4. Calico Crazy Says:

    I have almost given up on the laundry thing, in fact I sometimes wish I was rich enough to only wear things once. Of course, then I feel bad for thinking such wasteful thoughts.

    The thought of the fleas made me laugh. Maybe someday that boy will learn to keep his mouth shut; but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

    Calico Contemplations


  5. Anonymous Says:

    There's no such thing and defeating Laundry Mountain. At best, you can have a temporary stalemate.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    What a great list. I'm so with ya on number 7. If ya need help with 12 lemme know. On your iPhone go here:

    m.google.com/calendar


  7. Mia Celeste Says:

    Lots of fun hopes. Happy TT!


  8. Nicholas Says:

    I don't know who Kanye West is, but her certainly seems to have pissed you off!



  9. RA Says:

    Great 13, Carleen! Sending you all loving wishes for a wonderful Eid Mubarak. Taqabalallahu minna wa minkum :)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?