- No seizures, no headaches yesterday! Keeping my fingers crossed that today is the same.
- Later this morning, I'll drop off the paperwork that makes my retirement official. Our esteemed Governator is still ticked off that the people didn't vote his way in the May 19 special election and as a result, he keeps making all kinds of threats about where he will make cuts to save money. Lucky for me, my pension fund is one of those areas. As he attempts to pull the Golden State out of the fiscal crisis, the next few weeks will be interesting to watch.
- Camry, the kitten who came to dinner 9 months ago, is in heat. It's been a very long time since I had to deal with a cycling cat, as all my others are spayed or neutered. My daughter, whose cat Camry ended up being, didn't get around to spaying her before she brought her back to live at my house. And now, I get to deal with a cat that slinks along the ground with her fanny in the air, while she chirps out a call for a boy -- any boy. I managed to get an appointment for her to be spayed at the same low cost clinic where I take all my cats, but she won't be "fixed" until June 22! In the meantime, we'll have to deal with the funky walking and chirping kitty.
- Back in February, I wrote about a song that had become an obsession. It has happened again! Maybe because I didn't get to see Phantom, thanks to The Brain taking control of me, that I am once again absolutely obsessed by it. I've watched the movie at least three times a day since Saturday and even put it on my iPhone to listen to in the car. How easy it would be if my obsession were for just one song, but my life could never be that simple! Oh no, I have to go through half a dozen songs before starting all over again.
- Because I had no seizures or headaches yesterday, I was incredibly focused and productive. Armed with my desktop To Do list, I knuckled down, buckled down, and did it, did it, did it (you do remember the lyrics to last week's Music Monday meme, right?). Today needs to be much of the same so that I can catch up to what went by the wayside while I graded papers.
- I don't usually do this, but I am going to open my big mouth and speak my piece about the murder of Dr. George Tiller on Sunday, 31 May 2009. If this isn't a clear cut case of terrorism, then I clearly don't understand the definition of the term! Just like the idiots who blow up themselves and others hide behind their backasswards interpretations of my religion to justify their actions, Scott Roeder, Dr. Tiller's suspected killer, has hidden himself behind the robe of Christianity to justify his. Already, the freakazoids are coming out of the woodwork with some even going so far as to say that Dr. Tiller "reaped what he has sown" (Randall Terry, founder of Operation Rescue). I'm going to monitor this situation and case very closely, because I have a sneaking suspicion that the Phelps KKKlan, also of Kansas, will stage their usual "march" at Dr. Tiller's funeral. If you're not already familiar with Fred Phelps and family, the best way to become acquainted with them is to visit their website, www.godhatesfags.com. I refuse, on principle, to provide a link here to such an enterprise. People, get off your high horses and call this one for what it is -- first degree murder committed by a terrorist.
4 hours ago