Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. Click here to play along with us.
1. Going back to school as a student instead of the instructor is a blast. Who'd have thought that I would actually look forward to doing homework again?
2. A friend sent the following to me in an email:
Stupid Questions with the smart answers…
Boy: May I hold your hand?
Girl: No thanks it isn't heavy.
Girl: Say you love me! Say you love me!
Boy: You love me…
Girl: If we become engaged will you give me a ring??
Boy: Sure, what's your phone number??
Girl: I think the poorest people are the happiest.
Boy: Then marry me and we'll be the happiest couple.
Girl: Darling, I want to dance like this forever.
Boy: Don't you ever want to improve??
Boy: I love you and I could die for you!
Girl: How soon??
Boy: I would go to the end of the world for you!
Girl: Yes, but would you stay there??
MAN: You remind me of the sea.
WOMAN: Because I'm wild, roman tic and exiting??
MAN: No because you make me sick.
WIFE: You tell a man something, it goes in one ear and comes out of the other.
HUSBAND: You tell a woman something, it goes in both ears and come out of the mouth.
MARY: John says I'm pretty. And says I'm ugly. What do you think, Peter??
PETER: A bit of both. I think you're pretty ugly.
Girlfriend: "…And are you sure you love me and no one else?"
Boyfriend: "Dead sure! I checked the whole list again yesterday."
Teacher: "Which is more important to us the sun or the moon?"
Pupil: "the moon."
Pupil: "The moon gives us light at night when we need it, but the sun gives us light only in the day time when we don’t need it."
Teacher: "What do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?"
Pupil: "A teacher"
Waiter: "Would you like your coffee black?"
Customer: "What other colors do you have?"
Tom: "How should I convey the news to my father that I've failed?"
David: "You just send a telegram: Result declared, past year's performance repeated."
Teacher: "Now, children, if I saw a man beating a donkey and stopped him, what virtue
would I be showing?"
Student: "Brotherly love."
Teacher: "Now, Sam, tell me frankly do you say prayers before eating?"
Sam: "No sir, I don’t have to, my mom is good cook."
Patient: "What are the chances of my recovering Doctor?"
Doctor: "One hundred percent. Medical records show that nine out of ten people die of the
disease you have. Yours is the tenth case I've treated. The others all died."
Teacher: "Can anybody give an example of coincidence?"
One Student: "Sir, my Mother and Father got married on the same day and at the same time."
Teacher: "Gorge Washington not only chopped down his father's Cherry tree, but also admitted doing it. Now do you know why his father didn't punish him?"
One Student: "Because George still had the axe in his hand."
3. Reeling from the surprising news of Michael Jackson's death yesterday. His life is a shining example of how true it is that money can't buy happiness.
4. The kids have come over for dinner three times this week, which has been a blast for us. It gives the Amazing Egyptian Dude a chance to show his son-in-law what a great cook he is, and it gives the son-in-law the opportunity to eat plenty of really good Egyptian food.
5. I am absolutely not looking forward to the weekend! It will be frantically busy, and I never do well under circumstances like that. Fingers are crossed that The Brain cooperates throughout.
And before I forget, thanks for the Peach Cobbler suggestions. My dad says that he's pretty sure my mom used the one on the Bisquick box, so I'll be using that one to start with. I'll just keep experimenting until I find just the right one. How horrible to have to eat so much peach cobbler, LOL!
Happy Friday, all!