Carleen
It's so hard to start a post on the first day of a new year without sounding cliche! Here it is with the first day of 2011 nearly over, and I haven't made a post yet because I can't come up with an opening line that isn't corny, LOL!

This is the first New Year that the Amazing Egyptian Dude and I have spent apart. He's been in Egypt since October and won't be home until January 11th. I suppose if we were much younger it would have been horrible to have spent New Year's Eve on different continents but considering that we seldom make it past 10 o'clock anyway, it's not such a big deal.

The kids came over to spend the evening with me and Melody. We enjoyed our traditional jumbo platter of Red Lobster shrimp cocktail and various other finger foods through the evening and although we were prepared to play games and watch movies until it was time to ring in the New Year, I pooped out somewhere around 9 after having a sleepless night on Thursday. They, along with the niece, will be back in a couple of hours so that we can finish what we started yesterday and this time, I am determined to make it until at least 11!

I don't make New Year's resolutions but for those of you who do, I wish you success in fulfilling them. I pray that 2011 is a better year for all of us than 2010 has been for most of us. And for myself, I hope that I can get my blogging mojo back and post more frequently like I used to!
Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I've missed you so much! I hope you get back to blogging. Happy 2011 to you and yours. Hope the time passes quickly before the AED is back with you!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I for one would love for you to come back to posting. I don't do resolutions either...can't be bothered. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad to hear that :) I hope 2011 is great for you and your family my friend. Don't be looking for a New Year's post from me either LOL can't be bothered LOL :)


  3. RA Says:

    Wishing you all the best for 2011, dear Carleen.


  4. A New Year cliche would be it? I do hope for you to get your mojo back! Seems like you have it now...
    kim


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?