Carleen
Patience is a quality that I have learned through the years. "Patience is a virtue," my mother used to tell me and my sisters, and it used to make me crazy as a kid. As an adult, however, I understand the wisdom in her frequent recitation of the old adage. Now I know that patience is definitely a virtue, but anticipation is a heck of a lot more fun! So what am I anticipating? Let me count the ways. . .

  1. The Spring 2009 semester begins in about 10 days. I just checked the roster for each class and know that one class has 33 students and the other has 6. The anticipation and excitement that typically go hand in hand at the commencement of a new semester are now overshadowed by the anticipation and anguish over the staying power of the class with only 6 students enrolled.
  2. I've been crazy about The Phantom of the Opera for ages but never had the opportunity to see it on stage. That will finally change on February 18th! Basma, who is also hooked on the show, will be turning 15 on February 17th and when I discovered that Phantom was playing in Los Angeles, I decided to make both of us happy on her birthday by getting us a pair of tickets to see Phantom! Talk about old adages -- how about "killing two birds with one stone"?! Of course I couldn't keep this a secret from her; what could be more fun than torturing the niece with the anticipation of a night on the town at the theater?
  3. Inauguration Day is just two days away! The level of excitement and anticipation at my house has reached fever pitch. Thank goodness the ceremony takes place early in the morning because if it were in the afternoon, I'd have to cancel my appointment with the neurologist. Sorry Dr. S, but President Obama trumps you this time!
With so much to look forward to in the next few weeks, I think I need to remember that old saying about patience -- even if it will make me as crazy now as it did when I was a kid.
Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Iman Says:

    Mom, Basma turns 16 not 15 :P


  2. Carleen Says:

    LOL, she reminded me! I think she was a little insulted that I got it wrong. ;)


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?