Carleen
1. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
I don't remember the name of it, but it's a Fifties style diner in Lake Jackson, Texas. Whenever I go to visit my favorite Aunt, we go there to eat fried pickles and fried steak fingers with gravy. (The Soda Shoppe Cafe may be the name, but I don't know for sure.)

2. What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it?
It would have to be spanakopita (Greek spinach pies). They don't last very long around my house when I make them!

3. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
More than I want to think about at the moment!

4. What is the last heavy item you lifted?
Does my fanny count?

5. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Thankfully, no.

6. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
Definitely not! Knowing the exact day of my demise would prevent me from living a real life and all that is good, bad, and ugly about it.

7. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I've never wanted to change my name; Carleen suits me fine.

8. What's your goal for the year?
To avoid another hospital stay.

9. Last person you hugged?
Hubby was the last person, but I hugged one of my cats after that.

10. First place you went this morning?
To the coffee pot in the kitchen.

11. Do you always answer your phone?
If I hear it ringing, yes.

12. It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
Probably from a family member in Egypt who forgot about the time difference!

13. If you could change your eye color, what would it be?
Definitely hazel like my mom's.

14. What's on your wish list for your birthday?
I haven't thought about it yet.

15. Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
The future makes me nervous because it is exciting. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

16. Do you have any saved texts?
Once a conversation is finished, I always delete texts.

17. Ever been in a car wreck?
Unfortunately, I have -- twice.

18. Do you have an accent?
I don't think I do, but when I go to visit family in other states, they think I do.

19. What was the last song to make you cry?
Eva Cassidy's version of "Over the Rainbow."


20. What did you do last night?
Ate a delicious Persian dinner, watched a little TV, and fell asleep on the couch. Such an exciting life, LOL!

21. Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
I reached the lowest point in my life when I was 17, and my mother died.

22. Current hate right now?
Seizures

23. Met someone who changed your life?
My husband!

24. How did you bring in the New Year?
At home, eating shrimp from Red Lobster and drinking Martinelli's Sparkling Cider.

25. What song represents you?
Probably "My Way" because I've never really done things the way that my family wanted me to.


To join in the fun and read more responses to the Sunday Stealing meme, click here.
Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Now I really want to try one of your spinach pies! Your name is really pretty and you're wise not to want to change it.


  2. Sathyai Says:

    'My Way', heck yeah!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    enjoyed reading your list


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?