Carleen



Random Thought #1

Considering that soccer, or football as the game is known throughout the rest of the world, is the most popular game around the globe, it is inconceivable to me that FIFA continues to reject the use of technology to determine the validity of goals! If it weren't for the numerous flubbed calls that have been made thus far in the World Cup, the FIFA officials would continue to turn a blind eye to the need for video replays where questionable calls are concerned. Unfortunately, FIFA's decision to "consider" technology for the next World Cup in 2014 won't help the US, Mexico, Argentina, Germany, or England -- all teams that played games having questionable goals.

FIFA may have issues with technology, but the AED and I have been enjoying ESPN's live streaming of all the World Cup games! I've missed only two games since the World Cup began thanks to technology!

Random Thought #2

This is going to be one heck of a lonely summer around my house. With the teenage niece in Egypt until September and the daughter and son-in-law leaving in a few weeks for a month's vacation in the land of the pharaohs, the AED and I will have lots of time on our hands. I think it's time for a road trip, but there's nobody to mind the store and we can't afford to close down the business long enough to take one.

Random Thought #3

The rescue kitties are growing so fast! I promised to post some pictures of them and although I didn't have time to do it last week, I've got some now. Here you go:


Charlotte, the only girl of the bunch, likes the AED's "throne."


Some of the adult cats like to share the kittens' food. They are Marlowe (lower right) and his daughter, Dolly (top center) -- the cat that has seizures like me. Do you see the eye on Templeton's back? He is the red and white kitten at the top.


Charlotte and Templeton decided that the son-in-law's lap was a really good place to park for a nap. It's a good thing that he loves cats because they sure do love him!


Getting a photo of the trio was no easy task, and this shot is the best one from a series of about a dozen attempts to get them all in one spot and looking at the camera at the same time.


Who couldn't love this face?

Final Random Thought

Please bear with me as I try to get back into the habit of regular blogging. One of these days I will blog about all the chaos that has been going on . . . one of these days, LOL!





Labels: , , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    So cute they are :) Carleen Can you send my your dads blog link? I think I've lost it :) Thanks much :)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    So good to read your posts again. Missed you a bunch! The photos are wonderful -- they are all so cute.


  3. TOMAS Says:

    Random Thought #3 warmed my heart. Thank you. Your Photos showed what I was lacking - pointed at what matters the most in our life
    Your grateful Butterfly in the Plaster


  4. RA Says:

    Oh my goodness, they are so cute!


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?